Hi! When first gutted, for a while, the walls and ceiling held themselves up, but with a slow sag. As soon as we had our floor plywood in, we set up two scraps of ply (ceiling and floor) and a 2x4 prop at a slight angle. We cut it a bit long to start with and it gradually eased the ceiling and roof back up. We proceeded to finish the three suport areas--the kitchen supports on each side of the galley countertop, the front niche we call the "putin," and the side shelving that once held a fridge
Instead of the original 1x1 framing with 1/4" ply on each side for the front niche all and the fridge/closet side walls, we used 1/2" plywood alone. Our trailer has notches in the molded ceiling to show where these wall tops go...with screw holes to show how they were attached. We had considered moving the walls but when we realized the trailer was so thoroughly designed for those wall locations, we went ahead and used the preset spots.
2x4 brace shown with upper piece of ply to spread the pressure
side closet with shelves shown
galley supports shown made of scalloped marine ply, attached with brackets Paul cut from L shaped aluminum channel
front "Putin" (we put
the potti in
it -- also as a joke) showing side wall of 1/2" plywood and privacy curtain made of a large beach towel we already had and a curtain rod attached inside.
This is one of the fun times with your trailer, may you thoroughly enjoy it and truly make it your own, as we say here.