New member,new toy ! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #21

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm sure it will be there shortly.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #22

Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Registry
T-shirts are a nice advertising medium.
Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #23

Name: Amy
Trailer: Scamp on order!
California
Hi all...

We just received our 16ft Scamp yesterday! And like Jeff I am finding things that are just not right. The step looks like it is 10 years old (it was delivered to us in CA) the paint looks worn off. The screen door is so flimsy and won't close from the inside etc. We are just making a list and plan on calling them.

The biggest downfall of having it delivered is that we don't know how anything works! The delivery guy really just did that, delivered it and parked it. The owners manuals are pretty brief for newbies like my husband and I, looks like I will need to do a lot of research here! Thanks for posting your results Jeff!

However, we have a new Scamp! Can't wait to get out there!!
amy s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #24

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 16' 2012 Jeep Wrangler JK 4 Door
Lancaster County Pa
Registry
Congratulations !!! Yes,that is the best part ! I know it is annoying to buy a new camper and find a list of stupid repairs. Go over as much as you can think of and make a list of all your problems.Call them! I spoke to Mike in customer relations, he seemed to be helpful. If you can't or don't want to make the repairs yourself they will tell you where to go in your area for repairs. Stay on top of it !!! Good luck and enjoy your new toy !!
jgraps1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #25

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 16' 2012 Jeep Wrangler JK 4 Door
Lancaster County Pa
Registry
Well the UPS delivery man came and left me two packages today. One is the tee shirts that Scamp said they send me and the other is the re-placement door for my camper bath. The original door was warped. Inside one package were a bunch of rivets and caps. They told me they would send me these items and they did. It seems they are willing to make good on their mistakes, once they know about them.

The rivets that leak in the roof are partially covered by the air conditioner unit. I sealed them with calk when I first found the leaks and they seem to be OK, for now anyway. In the event that I have to re-place them I'm thinking I want to re-place them with bolts instead. This way it's done for good.

I also have decided to change all my cabinet doors and table with real wood!! That particle board with wood grain decal just doesn't cut it for me. This will be my winter project. I can buy some oak or even birch plywood at Home Depot. This will be the start of my interior customizing. I'll take pictures of the progress of the work and post them when finished.

The bathroom door they sent me will probably not be installed so If someone needs an original door from layout # 4 it will soon be available.
jgraps1958 is offline   Reply With Quote