New member - still looking - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-06-2017, 11:23 AM   #21

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
Floyd get this I have 2 cads for some reason I took my wifes car 125k on it been running good. So up the mountain I go car overheats big time do you remember that gas station at the bottom? so I coast down he says he knows what is wrong wasn't too expensive! Up the hill I go guess what? Car overheats again this time I go to a shop he works on it says I am ready. Guess what I go up the mountain again no farther than before this time the el. gauge says car ruined due to heat! So this time I call him up he sends a tow truck he looks at it again says man this is a northstar hopeless. Then I panic and I ask for a used car dealer I call him up owner is gone to the auction! Now I am in real trouble I ask what can be done he says Autozone carries a cure for Northstars he gets it ordered it arrivesoh he says after this the car will not be worth anything but it will get me home I have to drive 800 m home. I say I am going to the Walmart and get some alumaseal I dump it in there I get to Colliinsville il and have a blowout but the alumaseal still working to this day that was 3 years ago. Is this a crazy story or what?
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:08 PM   #22

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
Floyd get this I have 2 cads for some reason I took my wifes car 125k on it been running good. So up the mountain I go car overheats big time do you remember that gas station at the bottom? so I coast down he says he knows what is wrong wasn't too expensive! Up the hill I go guess what? Car overheats again this time I go to a shop he works on it says I am ready. Guess what I go up the mountain again no farther than before this time the el. gauge says car ruined due to heat! So this time I call him up he sends a tow truck he looks at it again says man this is a northstar hopeless. Then I panic and I ask for a used car dealer I call him up owner is gone to the auction! Now I am in real trouble I ask what can be done he says Autozone carries a cure for Northstars he gets it ordered it arrivesoh he says after this the car will not be worth anything but it will get me home I have to drive 800 m home. I say I am going to the Walmart and get some alumaseal I dump it in there I get to Colliinsville il and have a blowout but the alumaseal still working to this day that was 3 years ago. Is this a crazy story or what?
Your original problem was not likely the challenge of the mountains but rather a small head gasket leak or a small crack somewhere in the engine block or head. The stop leak has apparently stopped the leak for now. keep an eye on the coolant level and another on the oil.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:17 PM   #23

Missouri
no water in oil no doubt going out the tailpipe I was amazed we got home and the car is still running have to put in a tad everyonce in a while. I sold that car once but I reneged I just couldn't dump it on someone guy wanted it real bad!!

bob
Old 10-06-2017, 02:19 PM   #24

Missouri
Here is my way of driving I am constantly on watch must be from my motorcycle days better to be safe than sorry or dead but right. 2 million miles driving 1 accident a person t-boned me ran a stop light. I almost made it but she caught the rear end of my car, car totaled me safe!