New Member - Unfinished Trillium - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-21-2015, 05:24 PM   #1

Name: Eric
Trailer: Trillium
California
New Member - Unfinished Trillium

Hello!

My name is Eric and I just purchased an unfinished 2014 Trillium 4500 that was recently listed on this site.

Since I basically just have a shell and the molded interior pieces, I will be starting from scratch. I have a few ideas to incorporate but I will be retaining the basic layout as it will work well for my needs. However, I would be interested in any advice for modifications from Trillium owners. For example, I know that some of the newer Trilliums did not have metal plates for anchoring the door hinges (I have checked and my trailer does have them, fortunately). So, if anyone has anything they would like to share, I'm all ears.

Also, I have read that new Trillium parts can be ordered off the shelf so I am making a list of suppliers I can use. I could use some recommendations from people who have already good experiences with suppliers.

I am looking forward to participating in these forums and will hopefully see some of you down the road.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Eric
BASE1360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:10 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome to the forum, Eric!

I have a Scamp, and I'm not particularly handy, so all I can do is wish you well!

I think you are wise to list, source, and price all the parts you need first, as costs can mount quickly. Also, different appliances may have different installation requirements that can have a ripple effect. BTW- I believe there were three layouts for the 4500: front dinette, front bunks, or front bath. Which way are you thinking to go with it?

Once you get started, specific technical questions (with pics if appropriate) will usually get some helpful responses from the right people.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:49 AM   #3
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Hi Eric and welcome to the forum. I have a 1300 Trillium. Appliances, electrical, plumbing etc. are all easy to find. Any RV stove local or on line will have what you need. Even eBay. Two issues you face are wall covering and windows. Trillium used Hehr 8700 windows that require a plywood spacer. I expect they will be pricey. As I recall doesn't the shell have the holes cut? Anyway you should make use of the search feature as this forum is full great ideas. I had to reseal my windows. You might find this useful. Raz

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...eal-47832.html
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:24 AM   #4

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I provided a list of Trillium resources in this post:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post530889
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:56 AM   #5

California
Thanks for the responses!

Jon - As far as the layout is concerned, I will be putting in the front dinette but will try to also set it up for a bunk later down the road. I have a two year old at the moment but no plans for another anytime soon.

P. Raz - I am finding out about the windows already. They may be my biggest expense. The shell does have the wholes cut for the windows already and some of the plywood spacers but I will need to add a few spacers myself. Thanks for the link. I read through your window reseal night before last, it will come in handy!

David - Thanks for the link. I will be sure to scour it for info!
Old 07-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #6

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
It looks like they were shooting for a front bathroom, based on the white area forward of the kitchen.

What do you plan to cover the walls with?
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:16 PM   #7

California
I was thinking of using Reflectix and hull liner on the walls. I want to research more about using bubble wrap between the fg and the Reflectix to create an air space though.

As far as the front goes, I was told that the trailer was a prototype used to mock up a bathroom.

Tags
trillium