New (old) Scamp 13 owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-19-2020, 07:25 PM   #1

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp
MT
New (old) Scamp 13 owner

After deciding I was done sleeping in a topper on the back of my pickup (not a camper, but just a topper), I ran across a beautiful 2004 Scamp. What an amazing improvement!!

The dog and I made one very enjoyable, albeit wet, outing to a nearly empty campground west of Missoula, MT, and had plans for a few more but the weather hasn't cooperated. Bummer. The latest forecast for the weekend predicts snow with lows around 8 degrees. I guess I could see how well the furnace works...

Glad to finally have a reason to join the group!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6395.jpg  
Steve in Missoula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:47 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Enjoyed your area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in Missoula View Post
After deciding I was done sleeping in a topper on the back of my pickup (not a camper, but just a topper), I ran across a beautiful 2004 Scamp. What an amazing improvement!!

The dog and I made one very enjoyable, albeit wet, outing to a nearly empty campground west of Missoula, MT, and had plans for a few more but the weather hasn't cooperated. Bummer. The latest forecast for the weekend predicts snow with lows around 8 degrees. I guess I could see how well the furnace works...
I recently spent the night in Missoula at the Cracker Barrel. What an intersection that is!
I then took US 12 through Lolo pass. You live in a beautiful area.
The Scamp furnace will cook you out if it is working correctly. But note that it is loud, uses some gas and the fan will run the battery down in a long weekend. Also, the thermostat is slow to respond and I get some wide temperature swings. It is still better than the days I slept in the back of a pickup.
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp