New Owner....Old Hunter Compact II - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-11-2020, 12:03 PM   #1

Name: Cyn
Trailer: Hunter Compact II
Arizona
New Owner....Old Hunter Compact II

Greetings! I purchased a 1973 Hunter Compact II a couple of months ago and happy to be here. The interior seems to be near original with the Fridge removed. Can’t wait to get out and explore with this little gem.
I’m based in AZ if there are any other Hunter owners out there I would love to see what your trailer and see how you have modified it at all.

Cyn
Cyn M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 02:51 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Hunter Compact ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn M View Post
Greetings! I purchased a 1973 Hunter Compact II a couple of months ago and happy to be here. The interior seems to be near original with the Fridge removed. Can’t wait to get out and explore with this little gem.
I’m based in AZ if there are any other Hunter owners out there I would love to see what your trailer and see how you have modified it at all.

Cyn
----------------------------------------------
I have a fairly nice Compact Jr . I bought it from the original owner's niece at a Lake Havasu, AZ vintage rally. It had been sold originally from a dealer in Atascadero, Ca. The owner had retired later to the desert near Kingman, AZ. It has the full length pop top, and bed which can be 2 singles or one large bed. I got rid of the refrigerator, powder coated the original stove,and painted the outside and inside. The vintage rally is from Jan 30th to Feb 2nd this year. It is a small but nice event right on the beach at Lake Havasu, part of the Colorado River. Hope to see you there, finished or not! David in Fresno and Sonora, CA.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 04:05 PM   #3

Name: Kip
Trailer: Hunter
Arizona
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0279.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	268.4 KB
ID:	138073Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0175.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	240.7 KB
ID:	138074Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0176.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	326.2 KB
ID:	138075Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0859.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	138076

Hello, we found our Compact Jr. in Yuma AZ. We are in Kingman AZ. It was a a total wreck fixer upper and we had no idea how tough it would be to bring it back, or how much money would be needed. The pop top canvas was completely missing it needed to be sanded down and painted, new suspension, frame reinforced, and then build all the interior. So it took longer than we thought and was harder than we thought. But after a year and a half and doing all the work ourselves we are close to being finished. I am hoping to be at Lake Havasu in January at the beach camp out and maybe we will see you there.
Fiberglassflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 02:23 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberglassflyer View Post
Attachment 138073Attachment 138074Attachment 138075Attachment 138076

Hello, we found our Compact Jr. in Yuma AZ. We are in Kingman AZ. It was a a total wreck fixer upper and we had no idea how tough it would be to bring it back, or how much money would be needed. The pop top canvas was completely missing it needed to be sanded down and painted, new suspension, frame reinforced, and then build all the interior. So it took longer than we thought and was harder than we thought. But after a year and a half and doing all the work ourselves we are close to being finished. I am hoping to be at Lake Havasu in January at the beach camp out and maybe we will see you there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

There is also a Vintage Trailer Rally at L. Havasu in November ( 5-8 th), put on by the same folks. But it is at the Rodeo Grounds rather than on the Lake itself. I would like to go but it is a lot farther for me than for you . And I plan to be at Quartzsite for the Fiberglas Rv rally in early Feb. Google it, there is always lots going on in Havasu in fall and winter. David in Fresno and Sonora, Ca.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 04:45 PM   #5

Name: Kip
Trailer: Hunter
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
----------------------------------------------------------------------

There is also a Vintage Trailer Rally at L. Havasu in November ( 5-8 th), put on by the same folks. But it is at the Rodeo Grounds rather than on the Lake itself. I would like to go but it is a lot farther for me than for you . And I plan to be at Quartzsite for the Fiberglas Rv rally in early Feb. Google it, there is always lots going on in Havasu in fall and winter. David in Fresno and Sonora, Ca.

Thank you for the heads up on the November rally, we should be coming home around that time from our Texas trip. Hope to meet everyone at one of these outings, stay safe out there.
Fiberglassflyer is offline   Reply With Quote