Hi Jon and Everyone,
Jon inquired about our thoughts on the Hymer Touring GT! I guess we are like the thousands of other RV'ers out there always looking the greener grass! I thought that I would just provide a brief summary of the things that we liked and didn't like so much:
1. The nearly King size permanent bed!
2. Plenty of windows
. Dual pane acrylic frameless!
3. Under 3,000 pounds
4. Plenty of storage. In addition to the interior cabinetry, the outside has three different storage compartments with a large storage garage with rear access.
1. Low undercarriage clearance. This was not the trailer to take in the wild if you are looking to do any serious off-grid boondocking
. We did ultimately ended up lifting the axle
with a Lippert. This did help but obviously wasn't cheap.
2. As most of you know that done some research, the north American arm of Hymer production went bankrupt. I've heard that this has created some challenges for some who were in need of specific parts (i.e., cabinet door or window).
3. The bathroom. Simply impossible to take a shower. The space is incredibly tiny. The design was part of the problem. If they would have removed the bathroom cabinet and used a sink design over the toilet ( like the new T@B 320), it probably would have been fine. Fortunately, the Thetford cassette toilette was a breeze to remove and empty!
4. The AC. The BTU capacity (I believe 13,500 BTU) was fine but there were major problems with the ducting.
I think those were the major points! There are very happy Hymer owners out there who love to tinker and have completed some seriously amazing mods.