New owners in Cincinnati, OH - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-24-2021, 10:55 AM   #1

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: Casita
Cincinnati, OH
Smile New owners in Cincinnati, OH

Hello Casita Travelers!

We are "new to us" owners of a 2019 Casita Liberty! My husband and I have been following the fiberglass community for quite some time! We find this community forum extremely valuable and hope to share some of our mods and travels with all of you.

Jenny
Cincinnati, OH
_____
Current owner of 2019 Casita Liberty DX
Tows with a 2017 Toyota Tacoma 4WD

Current owner 2020 T@B 320S Boondock (for sale in the near future)
Previous owner of a 2018 Hymer Touring GT
Ferris5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 12:21 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Congratulations on the Casita! I'm actually curious about your experience with the Hymer Touring GT. Seems like it didn't work for you, but I'd love to have a review, both the good and bad.

Casita is a safe, tried-and-true choice!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 07:56 AM   #3

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: Casita
Cincinnati, OH
Hymer Touring GT review

Hi Jon and Everyone,

Jon inquired about our thoughts on the Hymer Touring GT! I guess we are like the thousands of other RV'ers out there always looking the greener grass! I thought that I would just provide a brief summary of the things that we liked and didn't like so much:

The Good!
1. The nearly King size permanent bed!

2. Plenty of windows. Dual pane acrylic frameless!

3. Under 3,000 pounds

4. Plenty of storage. In addition to the interior cabinetry, the outside has three different storage compartments with a large storage garage with rear access.

The not-so-great

1. Low undercarriage clearance. This was not the trailer to take in the wild if you are looking to do any serious off-grid boondocking. We did ultimately ended up lifting the axle with a Lippert. This did help but obviously wasn't cheap.

2. As most of you know that done some research, the north American arm of Hymer production went bankrupt. I've heard that this has created some challenges for some who were in need of specific parts (i.e., cabinet door or window).

3. The bathroom. Simply impossible to take a shower. The space is incredibly tiny. The design was part of the problem. If they would have removed the bathroom cabinet and used a sink design over the toilet ( like the new T@B 320), it probably would have been fine. Fortunately, the Thetford cassette toilette was a breeze to remove and empty!

4. The AC. The BTU capacity (I believe 13,500 BTU) was fine but there were major problems with the ducting.

I think those were the major points! There are very happy Hymer owners out there who love to tinker and have completed some seriously amazing mods.
Ferris5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita