New Scamp owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2012, 06:03 AM   #1

Name: Eric
Trailer: Scamp 13
Michigan
New Scamp owner

Hello everyone! After considerable reading on this forum, last weekend we bought our first egg - a basic used 13' Scamp. I am hoping it offers a lot of opportunities for upgrades and modifications. In fact, I had to start keeping a spreadsheet to keep track of all of the ideas. Thank you for the education and future assistance.
ericw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:10 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Welcome to FiberglassRV Eric, we're glad you found us. As you've come to find out, there's lots of knowledge here and folks are willing to share ideas and information.

Nice to meet you!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #3

Name: todd
Trailer: Boler voyaguer 13ft
Florida
Registry
Wink just bought a 1982 boler i am redoing the whole interior saw some great ideas on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Welcome to FiberglassRV Eric, we're glad you found us. As you've come to find out, there's lots of knowledge here and folks are willing to share ideas and information.

Nice to meet you!
any interior ideas
tokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #4

Name: todd
Trailer: Boler voyaguer 13ft
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokey View Post
any interior ideas
thanks hope be using my boler soon
tokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #5

Name: Austin
Trailer: 2003 13' Scamp Deluxe
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericw View Post
Hello everyone! After considerable reading on this forum, last weekend we bought our first egg - a basic used 13' Scamp. I am hoping it offers a lot of opportunities for upgrades and modifications. In fact, I had to start keeping a spreadsheet to keep track of all of the ideas. Thank you for the education and future assistance.
Welcome! Would love to see some pictures of your new Scamp!
ajn81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #6

Name: Ronnie
Trailer: 2000 Scamp 13, 72 Alpine Sprite
Alabama
Congratulations! Im sure yoour gonna love it!
bicklebok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #7

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Hello Eric, I'm another Michigan FG owner (Uhaul) and my girlfriend has a Scamp. Nice little trailers. We'll be camping in Milford, Mi at the Tin Can Tourist even this May. There's usually 5-8 fiberglass trailers attending, and the rest are vintage stickies.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #8

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy w Forester
Illinois
Congratulations. We just started looking ourselves for Scamps. Please keep us posted. What mods have you found here that you're thinking of tackling first? Any suggestions on where to look for used Scamps for sale? I'm in Illinois.
DavArl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:13 AM   #9

Michigan
Dave, First mods are adding a fridge, tongue box, and shelves in the closet and by our feet over the bed. After that I have to keep my daughter from rolling out of bed, replace the carpeting with laminate (allure), and weld a receiver on the back to haul bikes. Brakes are weak as well. As to where to look, I used this site and craig's list. Type "search all of craig's list" into your search engine and you will get a list of places that do it. Try a few because they have different useful features such as how far you are willing to drive, etc.... I looked at other sites, but didn't find them as useful. Other members may have good suggestions for where to look as well.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #10

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy w Forester
Illinois
Eric - You are much more ambitious than I!! Good luck on the mods and thanks for the advise.
DavArl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #11

Michigan
The fridge was a condition of purchase from my wife. The storage is necessary for a family and weeks in the trailer. Wait to congratulate me until we see if it turns out well. Ambition is different than results. We have camped locally for years. This is a purchase to enable camping on family trips like out West this summer. This is a big experiment for our family. We think it will be positive, but we'll see. I'll post pictures when I make some more progress.

Tags
scamp