New Scamp Owner in MN - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #1

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
New Scamp Owner in MN

Hi everyone,
I've been building a teardrop trailer since May '10. Yes, things aren't going as fast as I'd hoped. You can check out my progress here: Teardrops & Tiny Travel Trailers :: View topic - A Minnesota Build - The Lily Pad
Another TnTTT forum member posted about changing their build plans to restoring an old Boler. Curious as to what they looked like and what they were worth, I ended up finding fiberglassrv-4-sale site; and before I knew it I'd bought this little 1984 13' cutie:

Figured I'd use it until the teardrop is done and then sell it; but now I'm having second thoughts. It's so fun and easy to use (except for backing up), I just might keep it!
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:33 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Lil! Welcome to FiberglassRV. I think teardrops are pretty cool. I was actually looking to buy one before I found my Scamp. Now that I've had a trailer I can stand up inside and put my pants on it's doubtful I'll ever own a teardrop. Each of your trailers have different functions. You may find you'll keep and enjoy them both!

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #3

Minnesota
Registry
Thanks for the welcome Donna. Yes, being able to stand up while dressing is one of the features I love about it. My friend and I camped at a nearby state park this past weekend. Weather was chilly and windy, and having a place to sit inside and read, knit, play cribbage and make a cup of coffee was so very nice!
Take care,
Lil M.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:03 AM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Lil: Nothing wrong with having two trailers, We have a vintage teardrop that we've owned for 5 years, don't even notice it's there when traveling, and recently bought a '84 Uhaul CT13 that we have used twice now and plan on taking it south for a few weeks. The Uhaul has more room and comfort for an extended trip, but the teardrop is more fun. And we still have our '73 Starcraft popup that we have owned for so long that we just can't sell it! Finish the teardrop and keep them both. Mary & Bob
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #5

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
You may find you'll keep and enjoy them both!
Many of us are collectors. I have 2 trailers; they are very different yet somewhat similar, just as yours are.

Welcome!
Old 10-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #6

Minnesota
Registry
Thanks mary and bob and Frederick for the welcomes and input on multiple recreational vehicle ownership. I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep them both.
Main problem right now is finding storage and workspace for both. Winter's coming and rural mail carrier husband doesn't want to have to scrape ice and snow off his windshield all winter.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #7

Name: Ronnie
Trailer: 2000 Scamp 13, 72 Alpine Sprite
Alabama
Welcome aboard! I recently bought a Scamp 13 while Im in the process of restoring and old Alpin Sprite camper.
bicklebok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #8

Minnesota
Registry
This is beginning to sound like a Lays Potato Chip addiction...you can't own just one.

Tags
scamp