New Scamper member from Carlsbad, CA - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-04-2011, 10:08 PM   #1

Name: Russ
Trailer: Scamp 16' side dinette, Airstream Safari 19'
California
New Scamper member from Carlsbad, CA

Hi All,
We just picked up a 2003 16' Plan 6 Scamp. It was in nice condition and loaded with options. We are doing some general cleaning and and checking out all systems for starters. I just did the axle reinforcement modification, as ours was one with the mis-placed mounts, and had not shown any signs of failure yet. We also installed a 2" receiver to mount a rear rack. The interior will get new carpeting and cushions to freshen it up. We hope to get out for a maiden voyage in the next 30 days or so. It was nice to find this site of enthusiasts who share stories and info.
Happy camping,
Russ
ruscal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:14 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Russ, welcome to FiberglasRV we're glad you're here. You're lucky, lots of us have winterized our trailers and won't get out until Spring. Enjoy your camping trip and post pictures when you get a chance.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:26 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
¡Hola! from Las Cruces, New Mexico. Welcome to the Forum. Congrats! on the new Scamp. I am sure you will be enjoying using it.

Donna is correct with ours here in New Mexico:

Looks like we are in for some moisture in the form of Snow along with some pretty cold temps. We have been getting pretty steady snow since noon here in Las Cruces. Seems Deming is getting even more. Appears Lordsburg is not getting the snow or as cold. Much more north of Las Cruces. El Paso is also getting snow & cold. Alamogordo as well.

23 degrees now in Cruces, 18 for low tonight & high of 33 tomorrow; 16 low tomorrow nigiht. But we will be in the 50s in a few days and up to the 60s by this time next week.

Sadly, there will more than likely be some deaths in the area tonight from carbon monoxide from folks trying to keep warm.

I believe they have had many accidents on the wet roads already. Several good ones on US 70 east of Cruces. I-10 west to Lordsburg is closed as is I-25 north to Belen. US 70 is also closed at the pass over to Alamogordo.
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Welcome Russ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruscal View Post
We hope to get out for a maiden voyage in the next 30 days or so.
Congratulations on your find!
Do you have someplace in mind?
Old 12-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #5

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Hi Russ and welcome!

We are lucky here in So Cal that we can camp year round but it has been a bit chilly the last few nights!
Old 12-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #6

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick L. Simson View Post
Congratulations on your find!
Do you have someplace in mind?
Fredrick,
Thanks, we will probably make a short run to Carlsbad State Beach or one of the local lakes. It has been a few weeks since my original post. During that time I have been busy cleaning and fixing the Scamp. Right now I am waiting on some new carpeting, and for the girlfriend to finish the new curtains. We are getting close to ready!
Russ
Old 12-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #7

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Hi Russ, welcome to FiberglasRV we're glad you're here. You're lucky, lots of us have winterized our trailers and won't get out until Spring. Enjoy your camping trip and post pictures when you get a chance.
Hi Donna,
Thanks,
Yes we are lucky to live where the climate is even! We have a lot of traffic and too many people though. I will post project remodeling pics when we are farther along. Another week will probably be close.
Stay warm,
Russ
Old 12-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #8

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
Hi Russ and welcome!

We are lucky here in So Cal that we can camp year round but it has been a bit chilly the last few nights!
Lizbeth,
Yes, it is getting pretty cold around here at night. Must have dropped to 62. We'll have to break out the down parkas. Looks like you have a fine collection of eggs there. Perhaps you could devise a way to hook em all together! CHOO CHOO
Russ