New Scampers from NW SC - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #1

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
New Scampers from NW SC

New to Scamping, but not camping.

We're avid kayakers (mostly flatwater and easy moving rivers, if you please) who started out tent camping, graduated to a 20 year old Skamper pop-up (sold to a loverly fambly with numerous kids), on to a tent on wheels called A Viking (less than 500 lbs naked easily towed by our 2007 Pontiac Vibe) and now our new to us 2003 16' Scamp currently pulled by our wheezing old 1995 Chevy S-10 4 x 4 pickup.

Had the good fortune to buy from the original owners (75 @ time of their purchase) who are now in their 80's and no longer very mobile. She's got minimal road miles and sharp as a tack on the outside. Inside shows sign of use (as in fambly bunkhouse when visiting Gramma and Gramps or "man cave") Other than some interior rust on cabinet hinges, sporadic delaminating table & cabinet doors from sitting unopened for long periods of time she's in pretty good shape inside. The Mister is an all around Jack of many abilities, so the reno of both will be in good hands.

Our first "camping" adventure was in a fambly drive-way over the holidays punctuated by a pixie of a 3 year old grand who early ayem knocked at the door announcing she was now up, awake and ready for attention. The Central NC weather was cold and rainy, but we were very toasty with our little cube heater. (Din't want to fire up the furnace without opportunity to check it out completely.)

We picked this trailer after 2 years of window shopping every make, model, size and configuration of TT imaginable as a test vehicle for our down the road goal of becoming full-time Vagabonds in 2013.

Mr. drove from NW SC to Virginia Beach to get her and I can't wait to get started on upcoming shakedown cruises to test her mettle.

Looking forward to making new friends and learning the in's and out's of egg trailer camping. (You should see the looks on people's faces who have no clue.)

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Welcome to FiberglassRV Josie&Craig. You're now members of one of the friendliest places on earth! Enjoy your time here, feel free to post questions of any concern and as you'll hear... we love pictures.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #3

South Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Welcome to FiberglassRV Josie&Craig. You're now members of one of the friendliest places on earth! Enjoy your time here, feel free to post questions of any concern and as you'll hear... we love pictures.
Thank you, Donna. While the Mr. has been a lurker here for some time, I am new to browsing here. There's an amazing amount of helpful information that I'm sure we'll refer to often as we get Li'l Scamp squared away for her first shake down cruise.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
Old 01-11-2011, 05:53 PM   #4

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
welcome to the both of you! to echo donna's sentiments, this IS the most friendly place you will ever find. the folks who frequent this forum are a family. sounds corny, i know, but i am most sincere when i say it.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:58 AM   #5

South Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
welcome to the both of you! to echo donna's sentiments, this IS the most friendly place you will ever find. the folks who frequent this forum are a family. sounds corny, i know, but i am most sincere when i say it.
Thanks, Theresa.

As we start going through Li'l Scamp prior to our first real trip out, I'm pretty sure you'll see us looking for an answer or two.