New to iBurro Owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2018, 12:44 AM   #1

Name: Jeremy
Trailer: Burro
Kansas
New to us 78 Burro Owners

Greetings.

We are a small family and picked up a 78 13’ Burro on a bit of a whim. We bought it as a project that we can tow behind our quest. It started as a “quick” re-paint, and has slowly been evolving the more I read on here. We had a few previous repairs to re-repair, and I’ve done more fiberglass repair than I thought I knew how to. Most of my experience has been on surf board repairs, but luckily it’s not much different. And I’m about to re seal the windows and replace the vent. I’m looking forward to hopefully having a leak free travel trailer soon.

Is there a picture of what the Burro door is supposed to look like? Mine is rock chipped and I’m rebuilding it. I just want it to look proper. I can’t tell the original lip around the outside and orientation of the bottom edge due to previous repairs.
Attached Thumbnails
9FEE0B21-D16C-4A5B-AC56-A53E6908BB66.jpg   0A8E578C-164B-427D-9244-19497FE96F59.jpg  

74C32E5B-20E9-4A9E-890D-E21941BE4B82.jpg  
That one guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:47 AM   #2

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
Looking good!
If finished by May, come on up to the Spring Fling in New England Rally. We do not have to many Burro's in our group and I know all our other Egg owners would love to see and hear about your repair jobs!
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:23 AM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome to the forum Jeremy. Your ahead of the game with your surfboard repairs as that's a great base for fg repair on eggs. Others will chime in to answer your door question but you can also use the search box of the forum to maybe get a start. Ask all the questions you may have, we like to help out members. Just one hint, post pictures of what your asking about so we don't end up in left field with responses . There have been times the name used got a slew of answers....until we saw a pic. We were correct but it wasn't what the OP was asking about, color us red faced .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 07:45 AM   #4

Name: Daniel
Trailer: Sold it
Northern VA
Welcome.

Good luck with the rebuild. Some good work ahead of you.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:48 PM   #5

Name: Jeremy
Trailer: Burro
Kansas
Thanks for the welcome, encouragement, and invitation. I will definitely keep it in mind while we are scheduling our travel.
That one guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro