New to me Burro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2016, 02:03 PM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: Burro
Iowa
New to me Burro

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160727_071256713_HDR.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	98229

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160727_071303568.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	365.1 KB
ID:	98230
Mtanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:34 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
Very nice Mike!
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:26 AM   #3

Name: Kate
Trailer: In the Market
Iowa
Question for MTanner

Hi Mike, greetings from a fellow Iowan! This is slightly off-topic but I saw in your post that it looks like you’re towing your Burro with a Honda Pilot. Is that right, and if so, does it work well?
I am new to this forum and new to Burros in general but we have a Pilot and really want to buy a Burro because we love the design and history that they were made in Iowa. Would you recommend the 17’ for us, or would it be too heavy for our SUV? We desire to get a widebody just like yours and fix it up, adding a small shower at the end (like the Scamp trailers) and rigging bunks that can fold against the wall across from the kitchen area. We’d design the interior with the lightest components we could, but would be driving over mountainous areas to get to some of the national parks we want to go to, and we weren’t sure what kind of stress a 17’ would put on a Pilot carrying two adults and a baby.
We don’t have a big budget so a fixer-upper is what we’re hoping to find, but I’m having a hard time finding one, especially in Iowa, and one with the taillight design like yours has. Which brings me to my next question: do you have any suggestion on where we could buy one? Yours isn’t open for sale is it (private message me if so!) Any help would be amazing, a milestone wedding anniversary is coming up soon and I want to surprise my husband with one. Thanks!
SpaceBtwnWords is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro