New to me Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2015, 09:34 PM   #1

Name: Kim
Trailer: Scamp
California
New to me Scamp

Hey everyone.

I just found this site and just found my Scamp. LOL It is a project but we will eventually be able to enjoy it. Funny thing about it, is my hubby actually had it at the tow yard that he works at back in 03. They sold it to an RV repair shop back then, and we just got it from them today 5/29/15. It needs a lot of work but I already have it cleaned out and tomorrow we will bring it home so I can pull the sink/fridge/stove unit out to replace the floor board in that area. Then I can start fixing it to my liking.

It originally came with the couch up front but my plans are to add the bathroom in that area. It is only me and my hubby so we don't need the couch, but I really want a toilet! LOL

Here is my photo bucket page with all the pics.

93 Scamp Photos by myhrdly | Photobucket
KimScamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:34 AM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Let me first say welcome
I like your scamp, however before such a mod as a bathroom consider the following
If it is just the two of you consider leaving the bed in back as a perm bed.... And convert the front to a small 2 person dinette with a porta potty..... In our trailer as many others have done it is by far the best mod for a 13 ft trailer
Just a thought enjoy it and get out and camp.... Also try to attend a rally you meet the best folks and can get some great ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:35 AM   #3

Name: sharon
Virginia
aw, that poor egg! how could somebody tear it up like that! you have your work cut out for you, but think about all the fun you will have with it when its done. i got excellent advice when i got mine: clean it up & USE it first, figure out what you like & don't like, then do the changes during the winter. if you tear it up first, you won't have any fun & will get discouraged with it. most importantly, have fun!
sharon_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 01:51 PM   #4

Name: Bill
Trailer: 1981 Burro 13'
North Carolina
Scamp bath

Welcome Kim,

I have to agree with Alan H. who advised a porta-potty. Mine is under the permanent rear bed, easily reached in the dark, and at the permanent front table I can store two five gallon water jugs between the seats without moving the table. I have a 1980 Burro 13', very similar to your Scamp and I'm enjoying being able to slide right into bed after a long day of photography or hiking and also being able to sit at my front window without having to set up a table every time I want to eat inside or work on my tablet or laptop. Also under my rear bed, I store a footlocker size Walmart wheeled storage box along with the porta-potty with a little bit of extra storage room behind the port pot. Enjoy your new to you camper.

Coyote Bill
Old 05-31-2015, 10:56 PM   #5

Name: Kim
California
Well, I cleaned and cleaned today. We also decided against the shower. We are going to do the porta potty thing, but we are going to modify the front of the trailer a little. It will be done so if we do decide to sell {which I don't plan on}
someone would just have to buy the bottom fiberglass front couch section.

We are now planning on cutting the square storage hole on the sink side a bit bigger to allow the porta potty to sit down on the board of that storage area. Then we will cut and finish of the center part of the couch. We will make a cushion that will go over the top of the porta potty, and then make one the same height for the other side where the other storage hole is. Then we will put a small table on a pole that will be removable in the middle. Here is a pic of the porta potty sitting where it will eventually drop down inside. The aweful drawing is of where we will cut the center out and add the table.

So when all is said and done, we can still have 6 people sit in the trailer and they will all have a table to sit at. At night we will remove the table so the porta potty will be accessible.

This will save us a lot of money and will only modify the trailer a little bit. Nothing that can't be un done, somewhat cheaply.

Here are some pics of the clean up.

All cupboards scrubbed down.

We had to pull the fridge out because it has seen better days. We will probably just put a Coleman stand up ice chest in for now, but eventually I do want a new fridge. The trailer needs more important things first, like windows. LOL

Question time. Should I make a thread in another section of this forum for my trailer progress, or should I just keep it here?
KimScamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:42 AM   #6

Name: Bill
Trailer: 1981 Burro 13'
North Carolina
Scamp bath

Kim,

Sounds like you are well on your way to having a great camper. Good luck!

You might want to put a new thread at Modifications, Alterations and Updates.

That's where I'm going to put my mods as I get them started.

Coyote Bill

Tags
scamp