New to Scampin - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2014, 07:45 PM   #1

Name: Russ & Vivian
Trailer: Scamp
Pennsylvania
New to Scampin

My name is Russ and my wife is Vivian, we have had two trailers in the past, a 13ft Shasta and a 16ft Banner, We just bought a 16ft Scamp and love it, can't wait to hit the road. pretty much ready to go, tomorrow I have to fire up the frig and furnace, which reminds are the frig's electric and gas? I was so happy to find a forum dedicated to the FG"s.
Shadow56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Welcome to the group, you will find lots of help here with your new Scamp.

Unless a previous owner changed it out, the refrigerator should be at least 120VAC and LP gas. I know that the barn door is already closed, but I usually ask the seller to demonstrate that all of the appliances work before he gets to see my Ben Franklins...

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:57 PM   #3

Pennsylvania
I know, but I took his word for it, and at $2,000.00 I think I stole it. That leaves me with room to fix things, if the frig and furnace work all it needs is a couple latches for the front window cover, everything else is mint. Here's crossing my fingers.
Attached Thumbnails
1 034.jpg  
Old 03-09-2014, 08:29 PM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Ya.... that's a clear case of P.C. 122.75, Grand Theft Trailer. At that price I wouldn't have stuck around long enough to let the seller change his mind.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:42 PM   #5

Pennsylvania
Yep

That's what I told my wife, the guy didn't know what he had. He was an older fellow who never got on the internet, but he had his price and he wasn't going to budge when I offered him a tad bit less. At least he was happy and I was to.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:54 PM   #6

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Welcome to the Forum Russ and
congratulations on such a great find.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:18 AM   #7

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Russ at that price you ***** it.....That would have been worth driving from California to get, wow.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:09 AM   #8

Pennsylvania
Thanks

Dave & Carl

Thanks for the welcome, yea I'm seeing now from other ones that are going for way more in some instances 3X more.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:05 AM   #9

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Welcome Russ & Vivian. As you probably know you can order anything you need from Scamp. However, my advice to you is to make a list and order everything at once to save on shipping. Shipping is what gets us on the East Coast. Check the window drains to make sure their clear. That was my problem. I ended up completely resealing all the windows with new rubber seals due to it was parked for a year by the PO. My 2002 Scamp 5er was parked under a storage which I think actually made it worse for unwanted mud daubers. What year is your Scamp?
Old 03-10-2014, 08:33 AM   #10

Pennsylvania

1991, was just out to the garage deciding on what I want to add, so many ideas.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:26 AM   #11

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow56 View Post
which reminds are the frig's electric and gas? I was so happy to find a forum dedicated to the FG"s.
Welcome Russ, Easy to tell if the fridge is electric/12V or a 3 Way fridge electric/12v/gas. Go to the outside of the trailer where there are two vents behind the fridge the bottom one will open. That is were are all your fridge controls are located as well as your gas burner if it has it. You will see a knob that needs to be set when you start up the fridge it will show you what your optional settings are - electrical, gas or 12v. There will also be a separate temp control for when it is running on propane vs Electoral/12V if it is indeed set up for running on propane.

If you go to the Document centre on this forum you will probable find the owners manual for the fridge you have.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #12

Pennsylvania
Carol
Thanks, looking at it now. I see you have a 92 Scamp.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #13

Name: Jay
Trailer: former class c now an egg hunter
New York
Very nice looking baby! Oh no....he's in the garage with his hand on his chin....wondering hmmmmm.....what else do I need!

Have fun!
reetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:24 PM   #14

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Carol
Thanks, looking at it now. I see you have a 92 Scamp.
Yes its a 16' Standard side bath, purchased sight unseen almost 7 years ago out of Idaho. You BTW did get a steal of a deal on yours!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #15

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
I know, but I took his word for it, and at $2,000.00 I think I stole it. That leaves me with room to fix things, if the frig and furnace work all it needs is a couple latches for the front window cover, everything else is mint. Here's crossing my fingers.
I had no idea that wood interiors went all the way back to 1991 in Scamps. Learn something new every day...

As for the price- it's so phenomenally low that I really must ask: Did it come with a clear Title in the seller's name?
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:42 PM   #16

Pennsylvania
yep

Yes the title is free and clear, it's all mine I just ordered a few things from Scamp, yes easy to deal with, needed a few rivits, some washers and snap caps, also two marker lights and a door latch, other than that and she's good to go Now all we have to do is come up with a name for her.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #17

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
A name????

How about these for starters ?

Low Ball
Free and Clear
Easy Money
Early Retirement Fund
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #18

Name: Kenny
Trailer: 16' Standard
Ohio
Registry
Pa.

I live in northeast Ohio against the Pa. line. What part of Pa. are you in? I don't see many Scamps around here but there is supposed to be a rally at Dillon State Park, Zanesville Ohio later this year. I hope to meet a few.
There is another in western NY too. Check your bearings and tires so your first summer will be safe. You sure got a deal!
Kenny in Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:59 PM   #19

Pennsylvania
Low Ball

Kenny, I'm in NW Pa, close to Erie actually 30min away South, I saw that meet for the fall, might just have to head on down, I usually rough it in the Allegheny National Forest out of Marrienville.

Tires are good, even the spare, haven't got it up yet to check the bearings.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:17 PM   #20

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Serious trailer envy alert!

Welcome and congratulations on your scamp, and good deal. If you call scamp to order parts you can sometimes get them to ship US postal, much less expensive than the web site FedEx or UPS shipping. Minn. is expensive for air transport due to one air line holding the terminal slots and providing most of the service. Carriers have to go through them to even get a place to land.

USPS is required to charge the same price for the same package/letter delivered anywhere in continental US. Oddly enough I have heard people talk about elimination of the post office, which is established in the constitution so would not be easy to eliminate.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp