NEW to the Group - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-22-2020, 10:30 AM   #1

Name: Dotty
Trailer: Prairie Schooner
Minnesota
NEW to the Group

Hi...I am Dotty. I bought a 39' Prairie Schooner a few years ago and am having the best time every. I currently park at a really nice and fun campground not too far from where I live. This year I'm adding a Pontoon to the mix. I hope it's ok to ask a question here--Trying to figure out what I need to do for licensing, etc.

The Pontoon is a 1996 ( great condition, btw! ), I live in MN; however, it's DNR registered in WI (they don't require titles).

Do I need to pay MN sales tax? Purchased from a friend/private party who lives in WI?

Not sure if this would simply be a transfer of ownership? WI to MN is confusing me and can't get a hold of any one at the DMV and lots of old information out there.

Thanks so much and happy trials to all!

Dots

Dots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:35 AM   #2

Name: Bing
Trailer: Sunland Express
Minnesota
Welcome to the group

Hi Dots,
Since the Shelter in Place the Minnesota DMV has few. if any. people working. All the DMV has been put on hold. This includes Drivers license, plates, transfers and most everything else. Guess you will have to wait the sheltering out.
Stay safe, do some "home" work on the trailer, after all where can you go?
Bing

Bing M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:43 AM   #3

Name: Dotty
Trailer: Prairie Schooner
Minnesota
MN Shelter

Hi Bing,

Thanks for your reply. In Minnesota, we are able to camp with social distancing in place. My pontoon will be delivered this sunday and lakes are open too, with some restrictions.

Stay safe and wishing you a great summer.

Dots
Dots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:22 PM   #4

Name: Lesley
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
Can you post some pictures of your PS? I would love to see pics - it sounds awesome!
shrimpscampi is online now   Reply With Quote