New Trillium owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-25-2016, 10:53 AM   #1

Name: Sarah
Trailer: Trillium
Alberta
New Trillium owner

Hi everyone - I'm Sarah and I'm a brand new owner of a 1974 13' Trillium in Alberta, Canada... this is my first trailer and I'm so new I don't even have a vehicle to tow it with yet! (I just fell in love with it & jumped at the chance to own it). I'll be looking for LOTS of help with towing recommendations and reno advice.

Nice to meet everyone!
Sarah0891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:59 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Sarah, welcome to the FGRV forum family and to the world of all molded fiberglass. Send pictures when you get a chance. Happy Trails.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:00 AM   #3
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Hello Sarah and welcome to the forum. You've bought the best but then I'm biased. Lots of information here so look around and when you have questions, please ask. If you get a chance, we'd love to see a picture. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:12 PM   #4

Name: Patricia
Saskatchewan
Hi Sarah,
I just bought a 1973 trillium today and will also be checking in for help.
PatriciaSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:17 AM   #5

Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Registry
Welcome Sara & Patricia

Great to see more women buying these little beauties. Mine is a newer model but still needed to have things fixed. I've been learning lots.

One of the best things I did was attend one of the fiberglass trailer meets. There I had a chance to see what other people had done with their trailers and ask lots of questions. It was great to see all the ideas even if they weren't Trilliums! Lots of helpful folks.

I would recommend not rushing into any projects at first unless it's a safety issue, or something you can't live without.

For example, I was having lots of electrical issues - like intermittent power. I changed fuses, traced wires, etc. to no avail. It took a year before I discovered that behind the panel that looked like an inverter, there was actually nothing at all ! A previous owner had removed it and just replaced the cover.

Whatever, get out and use your new home. Have fun. Barb
Old 05-26-2016, 08:27 PM   #6

Name: Barbara
Trailer: 1977 Trillium 4500
Quebec
Welcome Sarah and Patricia!

Welcome to the Trillium family! We bought our 1977 Trillium 4500 a couple of years ago......we didn't have a tow vehicle yet either, Sarah, which I'm convinced is the right way to do things. Now you know exactly how much towing power you need for your trailer. We're just packing up tonight to go to our first FGRV event - Eggfest 2016 in Cobourg Ontario- looking forward to seeing a whole bunch of other little trailers like ours.......imagine we'll get lots of good ideas, advice, and information that we newbies really need! Have a great summer with your trailers and hope we see you both on the road some day!
BarbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 08:53 AM   #7

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Welcome Patricia and Sarah,

I am in the process of building the smallest tow vehicle that I would feel safe towing a Trillium 4500. I have purchased a 1995 Ford ranger with a 4 cyl 2300cc engine and a regular cab. So far I am in the $1000 range, but I still don't have a hitch receiver. It's not so pretty, or powerful, but I think it will work.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:15 PM   #8

Name: Patricia
Saskatchewan
First weekend with the trillium

I spent all weekend cleaning the trillium. I named her Agnes. The previous owners used it at their field site and it was incredibly grungy. The magic eraser is a lifesaver. I got a bit of fright when I found what looked like mouse poop. Turned out to just to be spilled peppercorns. Phew! at some point, someone built a cupboard along the front wall which made it impossible to use the front couch as a bed. I removed it without too much difficulty. I had a mobile welder come and fix a crack in the frame. He thought the rest looked solid and my neighbour checked the bearings and axle and thought all was good. It rained all weekend and nothing seemed to leak. I plan to use it for the first time this weekend. I can't wait!
PatriciaSK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium