NewB from Alberta, or another ALbertian? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
New to me 17 ft boler

Long Time lurker finally bought one, and actually put the cart before the horse. I don’t have a TV, as I am not allowed to pull with my work vehicle. Anyways I got a 1980 17 foot, Boler. I haven’t brought it home yet as we got a bit of snow the night I bought it. It’s a bit dirty and probably need work. Lurking on the site I want to tear it apart and start but I will probably use it with my boys, and then think about what I want to do. I really don’t know what plans would suit us best yet, but I liked the dinette in the front, couch in the back, but where should a TV go.
Initially to-do clean, new cushions, stereo, maybe add hot water, try or purchase an awning, outside propane, and of course fix and repair what is needed. Then do the little things that help out in the camping.
ralph Fergusson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Welcome - always nice to see another Canadian join us. Im sure you will really enjoy having your new to you trailer. As you are considering changes it may help you decide what you need/want to do by attend a couple of meets where you will get lots of great ideas from those who have already been there and done that. A couple of meets posted already are: July 14-17 at Jubile Regional Park (Lea Park) and the other Sept 15-18 at Miquelon Lake Provincal Park.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:35 PM   #3

Trailer: 76 Honey Neonex Boler
Registry
Welcome Ralph and congratulations on getting your trailer. I think you will find that after each camping trip the ideas for changing the layout will be more evident. Also attending a few rallys and seeing what others have done to their trailers provides an abundant of ideas. Check out the "Prairie Egg Gathering", the third weekend in July (14th -17th) which is being held just north of Marwayne, AB at Lea Park Campground. More information can be found in the FGRV Rally section.

Karen
Karen L W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:40 PM   #4

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph Fergusson View Post
Long Time lurker finally bought one, Anyways I got a 1980 17 foot, Boler. I haven’t brought it home yet as we got a bit of snow the night I bought it. It’s a bit dirty and probably need work. Lurking on the site I want to tear it apart and start but I will probably use it with my boys, and then think about what I want to do. I really don’t know what plans would suit us best yet, but I liked the dinette in the front, couch in the back, but where should a TV go.
Initially to-do clean, new cushions, stereo, maybe add hot water, try or purchase an awning, outside propane, and of course fix and repair what is needed. Then do the little things that help out in the camping.
Sounds like ours, the boler was in fine shape but needs a few things. Will share ideas.
Congratulations!
Old 04-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #5

Name: Michael
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Registry
welcome to the forum... lots of canucks here! What size of tv are you thinking of? I have a 13' and I was toying with the idea of one of those "under the counter" kitchen dvd combos. I haven't looked too much into it though
Old 04-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #6

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Welcome and good luck with the tow vehicle search. If passing through Manitoba in August don't forget about our rally on the 19 - 20th! Enjoy the summer and the trailer.

Tags
boler