Newbie - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2016, 12:03 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: 2016 Parkliner
Virginia

Hi! I'm John. My wife and I just put our deposit in on a Parkliner fiberglass trailer. We're retiring over the next few years and intend to dive into the RV world.
iamjiwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 01:00 PM   #2

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Casita
Connecticut

Welcome John & Wife,
We all started as Newbies, let the adventures begin it's going to be a great ride. Peace!
Wayne
wwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 01:37 PM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome to the forum, John, and congratulations on the Parkliner!

Don't know what kind of travel you and your wife have done in the past, but the trailer will open up new adventures, a slower pace of exploration, and the comfort of your very own kitchen and bed at the end of the day. Enjoy!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:53 PM   #4

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
I would love to see your new Parkliner when you get it. It is a great design. I was within inches of getting one myself but life has ways of changing things. I am also in VA so let me know if you have a trip planned close by - I love mini-rallies.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:29 PM   #5

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi John,

Congratulations! I have been impressed with the Parkliners and how they utilize space. Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing about your adventures.

Take care,

Dean
Old 07-02-2016, 12:28 AM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome to FGRV John....we like pics
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:14 PM   #7

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Heello, John and wife. I considered a Parkliner. As an ultralite backpacker, I am used to paring down my needs to fit small spaces. BUT my husband swears that he will do more travelling with me, and I am also the parent of 3 cats (make that 3 and a mini-cat). When we looked at the Lil Snoozy the next business day, I immediately saw space under the bed not only for our few storage items, but also for an industrial sized litter box and cat beds!!

How long till you take delivery of your new Parkliner? I was told the construction was taking 22 weeks from ordering at Lil Snoozy, so I hope to be tooling down the highway by September.

All our cats are rescues- Yuki was thrown out in our yard when he was 48 hrs old, Angel was our niece's that was supposed to go to the pound till we stepped in, and Roadkill fell out from the underneath of a tractor trailer we were following down US 27. The new kitten was hand-delivered, tho. I had all the doors ajar for our cats to wander in and out when I thought I heard DH. I called out, but only heard the kitchen door slam. Went into thekitchen and found a tuxedo kitten sitting in front of the door staring at it, but when I came in he came to me and started purring. Vet says he's 10 weeks old. He's cool about travelling- Yuki is cool once we actually on the road, and Roadkill and Angel are cool with travelling.

So I have a screen house, folding chairs and a mesh tent for the cats- the rest of that big "basement" is going to be a cat space.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:52 AM   #8

Name: Denece
Trailer: Compact II
California
Registry
I'm glad your under bed space works for your litter box needs.
That was our plan but on a recent trip we made the unhappy discovery that our now 16 pound kitty was too tall to do her thing under there! We were able to relocate her facilities to our tiny closet.
Apparently at a year and a half she wasn't done growing!
FWIW our vet has a "caution" sticker on her record because of her size and strength
It was so cute to call her Kraken when she was a tiny kitten, now? Not so funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Denece is offline   Reply With Quote