Newbie but not really. - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-10-2020, 02:42 PM   #1

Name: Bill
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Smile Newbie but not really.

Picking up my Casita in a few weeks but formerly a fulltimer in a 31ft New Horizons 5th wheel. 5th wheel was in storage when a class A down the way set itself on fire and the fire spread to about a dozen boats and RV's. Thought I was through but after a few years I changed my mind and ordered a Casita. I plan to make short trips to as many Texas State Parks as I can and maybe an occasional extended trip to chase UP steam locomotive 4014. Was that TMI?

Bill Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 03:06 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Newbie but not really.

Maybe in a way that fire did you a favor. It got you into molded fiberglass and a new lease on travel! Itís a different style of travel for sure, but I predict youíll have just as much fun, maybe more.

Welcome to the molded fiberglass community and congratulations on the new Casita!

Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 03:49 PM   #3

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Down sizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Nash View Post
Picking up my Casita in a few weeks but formerly a fulltimer in a 31ft New Horizons 5th wheel. 5th wheel was in storage when a class A down the way set itself on fire and the fire spread to about a dozen boats and RV's. Thought I was through but after a few years I changed my mind and ordered a Casita. I plan to make short trips to as many Texas State Parks as I can and maybe an occasional extended trip to chase UP steam locomotive 4014. Was that TMI?
I too down sized from a large 5th wheel to a small fiberglass RV. I had wanted to upgrade to a bigger 5th wheel but changed my mind after setting up in 97 degree heat in Iowa. It was a great choice, I can now go places I never could (of should have) before. It is also a much easier set up. Enjoy
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:50 AM   #4

Name: Lisle
Trailer: 2018 Casita Spirit Deiuxe
Massachusetts
Registry
Texas State Parks are awesome! Was just in Texas for a month. Don't neglect the National Parks and Forests, too. Fell in love with Big Bend. Guadalupe is also awesome.
Lisle is offline   Reply With Quote