Newbie from Asheville NC - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #1

Name: Lisa
Trailer: 1982 13' Burro
North Carolina
Registry
Newbie from Asheville NC

Hello fellow campers!

I am having so much fun checking out this site and looking at all the pictures! the tech advice is awesome too! I wish i would have known about the rally in Rutherfordton, maybe next year!

I hope everyone is having a great monday!

Lisa
LisaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Hi Lisa--

LOVE where you live, and Four Paws Kingdom is a great place for dogs and their adults (in Rutherfordton.)

Welcome!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:39 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
to FiberglassRV!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #4

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
Welcome, Lisa....Me 'n' Mr. 2yax are just down I-26 from you in NW SC. See ya on the back roads.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:01 PM   #5

North Carolina
Registry
Hi guys!
thanks! i would love to come to the rutherfordton rally next year! i just learned about it a little too late! hopefully next year! yes, we are lucky to have lots of great camping right here in our beautiful smoky mountains!
Old 06-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #6

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Hi Lisa! I just joined the gang recently myself after buying an '83 Burro. I'm up in Central VA but hope to get down your way for a rifle match at Asheville Rifle & Pistol Club on the French Broad. I'm in the market for a good gathering or two, so Rutherfordton sounds interesting to me as well.

Regards,
Froggie

PS I've been gathering Burro information for a while... let me know if I can help you with any questions you might have.
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:48 PM   #7

North Carolina
Registry
Hi Froggie!

thank u, I may ask some questions! I want to do a few things to it, and not sure where to start. i know i would like to replace the rubberstrip that goes along the center. someone told me to look at Trimlok...but i am just not sure which one fits. I would also love to replace the awning over the front window. wish i could just call up burro and order one!

yup! the rifle club off of hwy 191, i know right where that is!
Have a happy 4th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
Hi Lisa! I just joined the gang recently myself after buying an '83 Burro. I'm up in Central VA but hope to get down your way for a rifle match at Asheville Rifle & Pistol Club on the French Broad. I'm in the market for a good gathering or two, so Rutherfordton sounds interesting to me as well.

Regards,
Froggie

PS I've been gathering Burro information for a while... let me know if I can help you with any questions you might have.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:43 AM   #8

Virginia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaL View Post
Hi Froggie!

thank u, I may ask some questions! I want to do a few things to it, and not sure where to start. i know i would like to replace the rubberstrip that goes along the center. someone told me to look at Trimlok...but i am just not sure which one fits. I would also love to replace the awning over the front window. wish i could just call up burro and order one!

yup! the rifle club off of hwy 191, i know right where that is!
Have a happy 4th!
Lisa,

The "awning over the front window" is frequently referred to as a "stone guard" as that is its function while the Burro is on the highway. It is pretty much a universal item, if you can find one the right length, and is not specific to the Burro. Mine came with one that even has a faded Burro picture and letters on it. I plan to remove them, polish down the surface, then prime it and add a mural that speaks to my interests.

A member of one of these fora sent me PDF files of the original instruction book and the sales brochure for our vintage Burro. If you would like, I can forward them via e-mail, but I can't put them on here due to size. The sales brochure is only about 10-15 pages or so, but the instructions run 45 pages+.

I'm hoping to get onto the wiring (interior & exterior, 12 Volt & 110) in the next week or so in order to be able to go down the road without those *@#$%*& magnetic trailer lights bouncing on my bumper. After that, it's hook up the water and add some temporary curtains, and I'll be pretty much ready to go. The gas line and the real finish work on the inside will have to wait until after I get done playing for the season. Don't want to waste any good trailering and shooting time working on the trailer, do we?

Froggie

PS Do you know that one of the Yahoo Groups is for Burro Owners? It's actually pretty quiet there most of the time, but maybe something good will get going if we start posting there too. A lot of Burro owners are registered there, it seems.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
Lisa,

The "awning over the front window" is frequently referred to as a "stone guard" as that is its function while the Burro is on the highway. It is pretty much a universal item, if you can find one the right length, and is not specific to the Burro. Mine came with one that even has a faded Burro picture and letters on it. I plan to remove them, polish down the surface, then prime it and add a mural that speaks to my interests.

A member of one of these fora sent me PDF files of the original instruction book and the sales brochure for our vintage Burro. If you would like, I can forward them via e-mail, but I can't put them on here due to size. The sales brochure is only about 10-15 pages or so, but the instructions run 45 pages+.

I'm hoping to get onto the wiring (interior & exterior, 12 Volt & 110) in the next week or so in order to be able to go down the road without those *@#$%*& magnetic trailer lights bouncing on my bumper. <_< After that, it's hook up the water and add some temporary curtains, and I'll be pretty much ready to go. The gas line and the real finish work on the inside will have to wait until after I get done playing for the season. Don't want to waste any good trailering and shooting time working on the trailer, do we?

Froggie

PS Do you know that one of the Yahoo Groups is for Burro Owners? It's actually pretty quiet there most of the time, but maybe something good will get going if we start posting there too. A lot of Burro owners are registered there, it seems.
Scamp sells the guard under the title "Gravel Guard," so it can be called a number of things.

Charlie, we don't already have the document in the Document Center, you can upload it there for all Burro owners:
Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Burro
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:57 PM   #10

Virginia
Registry
Well, I tried to upload the assembly manual and got a message that I had been successful, but when I tried to open it to make sure it loaded properly I got a message that I was not sufficiently cleared to be allowed to access it. How can my own posting be above my pay grade? Can the rest of you open it?

Froggie
Old 07-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #11

Name: Louie
Trailer: In the market
Idaho
I was not aware what stone guard was. Glad to have learned it.
tonslawed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #12

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Welcome to the board. So many great people here.
We're camped outside Asheville right now. Our favorite summer place to be. Actually, one of our favorite places in the U.S. What a beautiful, vibrant community in the mountains.
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #13

Trailer: 85 U-Haul 13 ft
Registry
Hello Lisa,
Welcome!!! I'm down from you in Raeford. The rally and where it is held is really great. I wasnt able to attend this year. Check out 4pawskingdom.com its a great place to camp
stephanie reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #14

Trailer: U-Haul 13 ft ('Lil Eggo')
Ashvegas Newbie

Lisa - Hi and Welcome!! Just noticed your post, and you'll never guess - we're in Asheville, too! (Kenilworth) - sure you know the area...
We have a 1986 Uhaul (basically same as your little Burro), and have done a LOT to it. Give a shout sometime and we'll compare notes!! I've also seen the other posts, and sounds like we're getting our own little community of eggs around here - SWEET!! We kayak, so we're always camping somewhere around NC, SC, TN, GA, VA - usually near water...
You will find, as I have, that this is a great forum - I've gotten so much help and info from these great people - don't know what I would have done otherwise!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaL View Post
Hello fellow campers!

I am having so much fun checking out this site and looking at all the pictures! the tech advice is awesome too! I wish i would have known about the rally in Rutherfordton, maybe next year!

I hope everyone is having a great monday!

Lisa
Sharon W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:17 AM   #15
LHH

Name: Lor
Trailer: Gone and done it.
Dreaming
Talking

Hi, Lisa... and welcome!

I LOVE Asheville! I was fortunate enough to live in Hendersonville for a year or so and fell in love with the area. Absolutely beautiful. Hope to be able to return.

I'm new to the forum, too. Hope your renovations go well!
LHH is offline   Reply With Quote