Newbie from Ohio - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2022, 05:36 PM   #1

Name: Bob
Trailer: Shopping
Ohio
Newbie from Ohio

Purchased a Hyundai Santa Cruz earlier this year. Max tow is 5K pounds; therefore, looking at FG trailers. Thanks for the opportunity to join and review posts.
Bob in Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:34 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome! :Your vehicle should be good for most molded trailers up to around 17’, with the possible exception of the newer, 4-season Bigfoots.

I think you’re the first Santa Cruz owner to post. I’d love to hear your impressions of the vehicle (and again after you start towing).

Hyundai names are sure confusing… First there was the Santa Fe, then the Veracruz, and now the Santa Cruz…

Best wishes in your search!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 07:25 PM   #3

Ohio
Thanks Jon. I have about 3K miles on the Santa Cruz. It is the SEL Premium model. 2.5L Turbo. Have averaged around 22-23 mpg since purchase. I have absolutely no complaints about the vehicle. Have a hitch and going to install soon. Will be awhile before I begin towing.
Old 05-09-2022, 07:53 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Does it have factory tow wiring, including brake and charge lines?
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 04:14 PM   #5

Ohio
Hi Jon - Mine is SEL Premium. Did not have factory tow hitch or package. However, I installed the Curt hitch this week. Went OK, except things tend to get a little tight on the muffler side. Have a Curt 7-pin harness and have not installed yet. From what I have read, the Santa Cruz has a plug behind the driver side rear tire. I checked and it looks like the Curt harness should 'hook up' OK. I understand there is a brake controller plug behind and above the fuse block located in the dash. I have looked everywhere for it and have not been able to locate it. It may be there and I simply may not be seeing it.