Newbie in Las Vegas - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2017, 06:40 AM   #1

Name: Cindy
Trailer: U-Haul CT 13
Nevada
Newbie in Las Vegas

Hi everyone!
My name is Cindy, I am newbie and the proud owner of a 1984 U-Haul CT 13. We are going on our maiden voyage in 2 1/2 weeks.
For the most part, my trailer is in good condition other than changing the carpeting, repairing stripped hinge screw holes, and personal touches like new upholstery/covers and curtains...but, just in case, I am wondering if any Casita, Scamp or Boler parts are interchangeable with the U-Haul since these are not made anymore?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for letting me join your unique group!
Cindy in Las Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:25 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Newbie in Las Vegas

Hi, Cindy!

U-hauls are more unique! Built as rentals, they use a lot of proprietary components so there would be no market for the parts. So, not much interchangeability. Upside is they were also designed to be more rugged than similar trailers like Scamp, Boler, etc.

I believe the best source for information about brand-specific parts and repairs is the U-Haul Facebook page. It's very active, and lots of help there. I'm sure another U-Haul owner will be along soon to point you there.

Meantime, I hope you'll stay active here for issues of a more general nature. We love pictures!

Welcome, congratulations on your new trailer, and happy camping!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:42 PM   #3

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Cindy, check out the UHaul group on Facebook.
Patti
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:20 PM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Jon is correct about proprietary parts. Things like wheels, tail lights, windows, door hinges are all unique to the Uhauls. Wheels are available from Uhaul, there are a couple work arounds for tail lights, and window issues (side windows leak) can be resolved. Of course with a 30 year old trailer some things may have been fixed, other modifications may have been done. The Facebook group is great for info.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote