Newbies here! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2015, 10:39 AM   #1

Name: Jen
Trailer: Scamp
OR/WA area
Newbies here!

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jen. My hubby and I bought our retro 1977 Scamp this year. It's funny to say retro because I was born in 1977....eek!

We have a toddler and we are excited to take him on adventures in our Pea Pod. I grew up camping in trailers. Myself and my three siblings all have fiberglass trailers-two Scamps and two "unknown" brands. I guess you could say that we were born into this. My dad had an RV sales/consignment business for 25 years and loved it when a little fiberglass cutie came across the lot.

I love trailer camping. Really, what I love is waking up in my trailer and drinking camp coffee in bed with my down comforter in the fall. I love napping in the trailer after a hike or a big camp meal. I love not sleeping on the ground! I love that we don't have to set up a tent when we arrive. I love that we can pack up the trailer and leave it packed until we deem that the camping season has ended.

I'm interested in learning more about campfire cooking in a Dutch oven. I've always wanted to make a coffee cake in one. I also want to see how others have modified their little trailers to improve their camping experiences. At this stage, I'm really interested in tips for camping with kids. Finally, we plan to improve our trailer throughout the years. We are so glad that Scamp is still in production. Hopefully, we can replace our windows and door without too much trouble.

It's nice to meet you all!

Happy Scamping!

Best,
Jen, J and JH
Jenblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:52 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Jen & Co!

In 1977 I got my driver's license and my first towing experience a month later ('76 Olds Cutlass wagon pulling a '72 Skamper pop-up to Florida during spring break). If you're retro, I guess that makes me an antique. I've graduated from a Skamper to a Scamp, but its design and amenities date from about the same period.

Many great adventures lie ahead!
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:26 AM   #3

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Sounds like a real family affair. Welcome to the forum and here's to many happy adventures.
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote