Not new, but new! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #1

Name: Stef And Dave
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Registry
Smile Not new, but new!

Hi there!

We are not new to this site, but we finally decided to sign up and create a profile!

Glad to be here!!!

We currently have two Bolers - a 13' and a 17'.....but we're selling the 13'.

We LOVE our Bolers, and we're so glad to have them!

We almost went to Ontario's Bolerama this year, but ended up going to visit my fiance's parents in Northwestern Ontario instead.

Would love to chat with anyone on here, but especially people in Ontario!! Northern Ontario???
Stef_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Stef and Dave. Welcome to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here. I'm not from Ontario, nor Nothern Ontario, but would love to chat with you, share camping stories and see what you're doing with the trailers, all here on FiberglassRV!

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #3

Ontario
Registry
Hi Donna!

Good to hear from you!

So far we've used our Boler(s) 3 times.

We have a 17' that we've used twice now (we got it in May). We brought it to Manitoulin Island, Ontario to camp for May long weekend, and last weekend, we brought it to Mattawa, Ontario to an outdoor music festival! We LOVE our 17'.

The 13' we have only used once. We brought it home with us to Sudbury from Northwestern Ontario. We slept in it for one night on the road during our drive home. It was great....so much cheaper than a hotel room when you can just pull over somewhere and sleep in the trailer!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:53 PM   #4

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Stef and Dave,

When we do a loop of the USA we pass near you, always going through Sudbury on our way home to NH.

We always at least spend the night and go to Topper Pizza. In July 2012 while finishing our USA/Canada loop we should be Pizza ready.

Norm
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #5

Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Stef and Dave,

When we do a loop of the USA we pass near you, always going through Sudbury on our way home to NH.

We always at least spend the night and go to Topper Pizza. In July 2012 while finishing our USA/Canada loop we should be Pizza ready.

Norm
In July 2012, we'll be getting married! The 21st!! Then I hope that we're going to hit the road with the trailer. It will depend on $$. Not sure where we're going to go yet. I would like to do the East coast of Canada. I think we'd be driving through NH to get there???

Want better pizza than Toppers? Try The Pizza Joint on Paris Street in Sudbury....beside the M&M Meat shop! YUM!

If you want to go a little further east of Sudbury, the best pizza in Northern Ontario is at Grecco's on Algonquin Road in North Bay!
Old 08-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #6

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Welcome Stef and Dave.

I am not from Ontario either, but we camped on Manitoulin Island last summer in our Uhaul. They put us right on the beach. It was beautiful! We went to a powwow and explored the island. Amazing to find an African store in that tiny town on the north side whose name I forget. It is the town where there is a museum with a display about the drowning of the heir of one of the Detroit car companies. We had a great time riding the ferry too.

Welcome aboard.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:26 PM   #7

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Pizza

I suppose I can have pizza more than once.

We love the Canadian East Coast and have been to all the Canadian provinces and the eastern ones numerous times. Our favorite is Newfoundland but they're all good.

Norm
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #8

Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Welcome Stef and Dave.

I am not from Ontario either, but we camped on Manitoulin Island last summer in our Uhaul. They put us right on the beach. It was beautiful! We went to a powwow and explored the island. Amazing to find an African store in that tiny town on the north side whose name I forget. It is the town where there is a museum with a display about the drowning of the heir of one of the Detroit car companies. We had a great time riding the ferry too.

Welcome aboard.

CindyL
Hi Cindy,

We love The Island....that's what we locals call it...just "The Island". It's beautiful everywhere you go! And there are lots of places to camp. Did you camp at Providence Bay? That's one of our favourite places to go.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #9

Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
I suppose I can have pizza more than once.

We love the Canadian East Coast and have been to all the Canadian provinces and the eastern ones numerous times. Our favorite is Newfoundland but they're all good.

Norm

I have family in the East Coast that I've never met. And my fiance's brother lives there. If we get to go there after the wedding, we probably won't have time for Newfoundland. We'll do that in a completely different trip. We'll do the rest of the maritimes if we can.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:51 AM   #10

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
We camped at the South Bay Resort just north of South Baymouth last year on our trip (I'm married to CindyL). We wanted to be near the ferry for our early morning departure on the last day. It was a great trip!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #11

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Well Stef & Dave thank you for getting married on my birthday next year. My grandparents got married on my birthday. Thoughtful of them. They tied the knot in 1897.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:31 PM   #12

Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
Well Stef & Dave thank you for getting married on my birthday next year. My grandparents got married on my birthday. Thoughtful of them. They tied the knot in 1897.

Must be a good luck date then!