Ordered a new Scamp 16 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-02-2017, 06:28 AM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: Scamp
South Carolina
Ordered a new Scamp 16

Hello! Joined the forum a couple of months ago and started heavy research into the purchasing of a new trailer. We ended up ordering a Scamp 16' layout #6. We currently have a Livin Lite Quicksilver 10 pop up that we will sell as the delivery date gets closer. Really looking forward to the switch to a travel trailer. So much great information on the forums here. Looking forward to the adventure!

Mike and Nikki
altitudewrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:18 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Congratulations, Mike and Nikki! I think you will enjoy the upgrade a lot.

I was originally going to buy a small tent trailer for our family of four- I grew up camping with a pop up. But when I found the Scamp, I immediately knew it was the better choice for us. No set-up and take-down, no shaking in the wind, and no wet canvas. It has been all that and more.

Now comes the long wait. Guess it will be the Quicksilver this summer...

It was one of the tent trailers I was considering due to limited towing capacity. Back then they were pretty hard to find and expensive, even used. The Scamp ended up being less expensive as well as less work. The sleeping spaces are tighter in the Scamp- I'd say that's the main drawback- but we have adapted.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:03 AM   #3

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Welcome, and congratulations. I'm still deciding if I want to be in your position in the next year or so. For now, I've got my "99 Scamp 13 that is serving me quite well. Been living in it for the past 5 weeks, and I'm very comfortable.

How long is your wait? October, I'm guessing. I'm pretty certain you will enjoy your new Scamp.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:25 AM   #4

Name: Ray
Kansas
You'll love it! We too have a Scamp 16 dlx in the B layout similar to your 6. We ordered last February and picked up in September; the wait was well worth it. The side dinette works well for us while keeping the 54" bed always set up. This makes for real easy setups. We completed a 4600 mile trip last fall no issues! Enjoy your Scamp!!!
Ray R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:50 AM   #5

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Starcraft
Vermont
Congratulations and good luck on your purchase. I spoke with Nick at Scamp this past weekend, he said the delivery date for a unit ordered now is in October.
kpinvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:11 PM   #6

Name: Mike
South Carolina
Thank you all for the welcoming messages. We are really excited. Yes, our ready date is the 2nd week of October. I will be doing a mad dash up to pick it up at the factory and then maybe a one night stop using a Walmart on the way home. Bit of a drive from South Carolina but should be fun.
altitudewrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:24 PM   #7

Name: Alice
Trailer: 16 'Scamp Trailer
California
Me too!

I am also waiting for my new Scamp 16 with the side dinette, layout 6. A friend and I are driving from CA to MN in July to pick it up and return home via the Tetons. I've been a tent camper till now and now I'm getting ready to retire, so this is my early retirement present to myself. One more year till retirement day and I'm very excited. Just today completed getting the transmission cooler installed on my Toyt 4Runner tow vehicle. Next thing is to consider any changes of mind about the options like the 2nd water tank & bike hitch for instance. And I don't really like that narrow entry step they give you from the factory either. Maybe I'll just carry a stepstool of some sort. You know?
Alice
AliceGardner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp