Our 1st Trillium 1300 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
Ted

Name: Ted
Trailer: '77 Trillium 1300
Northern Ontario
Our 1st Trillium 1300

Just brought my 1st Trillium 1300 home. It needs a lot of TLC, but hey, that's part of the fun of owning one, right?
Right now I need to know how to winterize it. I'm sure there is water in the lines and in the tank. Thanks for any help.
Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Ted Welcome to FiberglassRV. We're glad you're here. We have lots of Trillium owners here, so I'll leave the answering of your questions to them. Just wanted to say
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #3

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Ted, first off, welcome to the site. Since you are planning to restore an old Trillium, you are in exactly the correct place, welcome.

Second, PICTURES! We love em! Each Trillium 1300 I have seen is different. Oh there is a great deal of similarity, but from year to year, they changed. What year is yours? The options installed in each is never the same. Some have a kitchen window, most don't. Previous owner (PO) mods are also common.

As for your question about winterizing, it is usually just a mater of draining the tank, which should have a drain fitting that dumps through a hole in the bottom of the trailer. Most Trillium 1300 trailers don't have a gray water tank, so nothing to do there. If you have other systems installed, like a water heater, Tthey will have their own winterizing procedures.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:24 AM   #4

Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
On my 75 Trillium the water tank drain cock in in the rear right (facing the back) compartment, the drain cock is at the rear of tank. Other than that just pump the line dry at the tap. If in doudt you can disconnet the lines at a low point and drain.

Ron
RRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
Ted

Northern Ontario
Thank you for the welcome, Donna. I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Hi Ted Welcome to FiberglassRV. We're glad you're here. We have lots of Trillium owners here, so I'll leave the answering of your questions to them. Just wanted to say
I also belong to a Gold Wing motorcycle group and I know how valuable these forums are. Hope you have a great day.

Ted.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #6
Ted

Northern Ontario
Thanks for the quick response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Ted, first off, welcome to the site. Since you are planning to restore an old Trillium, you are in exactly the correct place, welcome.

Second, PICTURES! We love em! Each Trillium 1300 I have seen is different. Oh there is a great deal of similarity, but from year to year, they changed. What year is yours? The options installed in each is never the same. Some have a kitchen window, most don't. Previous owner (PO) mods are also common.

As for your question about winterizing, it is usually just a mater of draining the tank, which should have a drain fitting that dumps through a hole in the bottom of the trailer. Most Trillium 1300 trailers don't have a gray water tank, so nothing to do there. If you have other systems installed, like a water heater, Tthey will have their own winterizing procedures.
My Trillium is a 1977 model 1300. It has 2 front bunks & a rear dinette. I can see I have a lot to learn. First off I need a replacement rear window. Is there a supplier for these? Pictures? Here are some pictures.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #7

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted View Post
My Trillium is a 1977 model 1300. It has 2 front bunks & a rear dinette. I can see I have a lot to learn. First off I need a replacement rear window. Is there a supplier for these? Pictures? Here are some pictures.
To attach pictures:
Below the window that you type in when you hit the reply button, or new thread button, there are Additional Options. Click on the the Manage Attachments button. This will open a new window. There are four spots that have a Browse button beside them. When you hit the button, you can search for pictures on your computer. There are size restrictions, so maybe save the pictures at a lower resolution before up loading. I use 1280 x 768. You can do four at a time, for a total of ten per posting.

I think you can cut and past small pictures into your text too. I don't do this, so maybe someone else can confirm.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
I think you can cut and past small pictures into your text too. I don't do this, so maybe someone else can confirm.
No... this won't work. You have to use the paperclip in the toolbar to put pictures within the body of the text. Otherwise all pictures show at the bottom... after all the text.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #9

Alberta
Registry
Thank you Donna!
Old 09-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #10
Ted

Northern Ontario
Quote:
Thanks for the help in uploading photos. Hope it works
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium_1.jpg   Trillium_2.jpg  

Trillium_5.jpg   Trillium_7.jpg  

Old 09-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #11
Ted

Northern Ontario
Quote:
Thanks for the help in uploading photos. Hope it works
oooops. 1 more
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium_4.jpg  
Old 09-16-2012, 09:43 PM   #12

Alberta
Registry
Very nice! Like I said, most 1300's don't have a kitchen window. The cupboard doors on the front, of the gaucho, (front couch/bunk bed) were also optional. You also have a fridge and furnace. It looks like a previous owner (PO) painted the furnace and stove black. The cushions are recovered. It looks nice.

Is the box on the back on a hitch receiver?

I gotta ask though, what is in the little door under the furnace? I have only ever seen pictures of that, I have not been in a trailer with one.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #13

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Some further information

Drain all the water you can out of your system and then place some RV antifreeze in the system to cover any you may have missed. RV antifreeze is specifically for potable water systems and is pink. DO NOT USE AUTO ANTIFREEZE, THE GREEN STUFF. When you have a couple of gallons in the system, run the faucet until it shows pink, then let the pink stuff run into the drain until it shows at the drain (gray water) outlet. If you have no water heater, that is all you do. A tip: to pour the antifreeze into the tank, just rinse out a smaller pop bottle, cut a hole in the side of the bottle near the bottom, stick the neck into the tank filler, and pour the PINK anti-freeze in the hole you just cut.
Click image for larger version

Name:	GEDC1716.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	412.1 KB
ID:	51171
I enclose a shot of our June Good Sam chapter campout in Rochester, WA. That is Homelet in the middle surrounded by the Rhododendron branch.
We missed the Campout in Cle Elum, WA last week because I was sick, and we just cancelled for the Cashmere State Rally for next weekend because of all the fires there.
I also wanted to check inserting the picture in the text. (Thank you, Donna)
I see by your pictures that you do have a kitchen window, but no door window. We like our door window. On a hot day, it seems more air comes in that window. Likely your kitchen window will serve the same purpose.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:08 AM   #14

Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
Ted

What the white thing under the front of your table ?
My 75 Trillium has a cutlery tray there, is that what yours is? Not sure if you can still get the Jalousie windows, may have to hunt for those.

Ron
RRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #15
Ted

Northern Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston
Very nice! Like I said, most 1300's don't have a kitchen window. The cupboard doors on the front, of the gaucho, (front couch/bunk bed) were also optional. You also have a fridge and furnace. It looks like a previous owner (PO) painted the furnace and stove black. The cushions are recovered. It looks nice.

Is the box on the back on a hitch receiver?

I gotta ask though, what is in the little door under the furnace? I have only ever seen pictures of that, I have not been in a trailer with one.
Sorry for the delay. Yes the ABS plastic tool box is on a receiver hitch
The little door accesses a breaker for the 110V wiring.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #16
Ted

Northern Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRJR
Ted

What the white thing under the front of your table ?
My 75 Trillium has a cutlery tray there, is that what yours is? Not sure if you can still get the Jalousie windows, may have to hunt for those.

Ron
Sorry for the delay. The white thing houses a cutlery tray.
I see some have a solid window like mlne and some have dual jalousies. I guess the duals are factory.
I think I'll be looking for a modern style replacement. Easier to find and cheaper.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:13 PM   #17
Ted

Northern Ontario
Smile

That is a cutlery tray
I have seen photos of other 1300's with a solid rear window on the left and jalousie's on the right. I assume the jalousie's are factory.
I think I will replace it with a modern slider window. They are cheaper and easier to find.
Thanks for the reply
Old 09-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #18

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
That is a cutlery tray
I have seen photos of other 1300's with a solid rear window on the left and jalousie's on the right. I assume the jalousie's are factory.
I think I will replace it with a modern slider window. They are cheaper and easier to find.
Thanks for the reply
No, the solid rear window is a fire escape. It doesn't have a screen, and the two latches on the side allow it to open so you can get out. There is, unfortunately, less ventilation that way. They did not have them on the earlier Trilliums. It seems kinda redundant on such a small trailer, but I am looking for one for my older 1300.

If you are looking to replace it, I want it. You may want to rethink that though. The jalousie style windows are valued for the fact that you can keep them open in the rain.

My dad has a place on Manitoulin island is that anywhere near you?
Old 09-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #19
Ted

Northern Ontario
Manitoulin Island is the largest island in the world surrounded by fresh water. St. Joseph Island is the 2nd largest. We are located in the mouth of the St. Mary's River where it flows into Lake Huron from Lake Superior.
By the highway we are about120 miles from Manitoulin. By water only a few miles.
Whereabouts on Manitoulin does your Dad live?
Old 09-24-2012, 06:18 AM   #20

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Manitoulin Island is the largest island in the world surrounded by fresh water. St. Joseph Island is the 2nd largest. We are located in the mouth of the St. Mary's River where it flows into Lake Huron from Lake Superior.
By the highway we are about120 miles from Manitoulin. By water only a few miles.
Whereabouts on Manitoulin does your Dad live?
Sandfield, on the largest lake on a fresh water island, Lake Manitou. He is fairly close to the South Baymouth ferry terminal. Looks like it is at the oppsite end of the island from you.

I just noticed on Google maps, accross the lake from him is a bay called Tilston's Bay. I guess we have some history there.

If you want to sell your escape hatch window, please let me know.