Please Help! (and, hi) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-13-2020, 01:41 PM   #1

Name: JJ
Trailer: Perris Pacer
Oregon
Please Help! (and, hi)

Hello all, my name is JJ and I am a long time pop up tent trailer owner ready to transition to something with hard walls.

I've been messaging with a forum member here who posted a classified. He's driving up from. LA, and we were going to meet this week in Oregon so I could look over his trailer. Unfortunately, he deleted the classified ad and when he did it erased our entire message thread as well. I can no longer access the email or phone number he provided me so we could coordinate directly. I have tried to message him here on the forum, but the rules will not allow me to until I am a "trusted" member. ACK!!

Moderators, please help!
Jenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:17 PM   #2

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenius View Post
Hello all, my name is JJ and I am a long time pop up tent trailer owner ready to transition to something with hard walls.

I've been messaging with a forum member here who posted a classified. He's driving up from. LA, and we were going to meet this week in Oregon so I could look over his trailer. Unfortunately, he deleted the classified ad and when he did it erased our entire message thread as well. I can no longer access the email or phone number he provided me so we could coordinate directly. I have tried to message him here on the forum, but the rules will not allow me to until I am a "trusted" member. ACK!!

Moderators, please help!
What is his forum name?
C&G in FL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 03:20 PM   #3

Oregon
Martin F S
Old 07-13-2020, 04:09 PM   #4

Florida
JJ,

I located a post by Martin F S and sent him a PM. Hopefully, he will contact you.

I think once you have 10 posts you are allowed to send messages. Simply read some of the threads and add a comment. You will hit 10 in no time.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:49 PM   #5

Oregon
Thanks CPW.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:48 PM   #6

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenius View Post
Martin F S
This member?
His forum stats:

Last Activity: 06-19-2020 10:37 AM
Most recent forum post: 04-26-2007, 11:19 AM

Maybe he has another reason for traveling from CA to Oregon, but it would be very surprising to find some who would make that trip solely to sell a camper. Esp now that the demand is so high. If there was an ad I did not see it. I am wondering what you are looking at buying from him.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 06:55 PM   #7

Oregon
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for weighing in on this, but there are lots of details you aren't privy to. His classified had been up for 3 weeks without selling, and he was already planning a trip to Oregon for another reason. We messaged back and forth 6 or 7 times. He gave me the dates of his travel and his phone number and email. I was supposed to call him, but now our thread is gone.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:57 PM   #8

Oregon
He also said he was going to delete the classified ad before he left, and if I didn't buy it he would repost to move it back to top of classifieds. Neither of us knew deleting the ad would delete our message thread.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:59 PM   #9

Oregon
The ad was on page 4, Perris Valley 13' trailer.
Old 07-14-2020, 01:07 PM   #10

Name: KC
Trailer: shopping
Alaska
Ohhh, I didn't know the bit about needing to post 10 times before being allowed to PM folks! Thanks for the tip.
nerak31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 05:34 PM   #11
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerak31 View Post
Ohhh, I didn't know the bit about needing to post 10 times before being allowed to PM folks! Thanks for the tip.
You should be able to PM, regardless of your number of posts. The problem occurs when there are hot links (of any kind) in your messages. Since most editors, including this one, automatically convert phone numbers and email addresses to hot links, you must get creative about sharing that kind of information. Sometimes you can get away with spelling out the words of a phone number, for example.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:45 PM   #12

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
You should be able to PM, regardless of your number of posts. The problem occurs when there are hot links (of any kind) in your messages. Since most editors, including this one, automatically convert phone numbers and email addresses to hot links, you must get creative about sharing that kind of information. Sometimes you can get away with spelling out the words of a phone number, for example.
Sorry Mary, my bad. I was under the impression that new members had to have a certain number of posts before they could send PMs. Thought I had read that in the past. I also believe I have sent or received phone numbers and email addresses in PMs.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:23 PM   #13

Name: John
Trailer: I started with a 2010 Casita Spirit Deluxe.I now have a 2015, Dynamax DX3-37RV Super-C diesel puller
Box Elder, SD (formerly of Long Island, NY)
Have you done a Google search on the phone number he provided?
FlyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 01:12 PM   #14

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
Did money change hands?
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote