Proud new owners of 1976 Trillium 1300 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2015, 11:42 AM   #1

Name: Haydon
Trailer: Trillium
Alberta
Proud new owners of 1976 Trillium 1300

Greetings!

We're the proud new owners of a 1976 Trillium 1300. Colonial white inside and out. I've posted a bunch of photos in an album under my profile - check them out!

The PO's listing is still up as of July 2: 13 foot trillium trailer | travel trailers, campers | Strathcona County | Kijiji

So far, we are in love.

The good:
Original cushion coverings, icebox, furnace, stovetop, table, taps, light above sink, windows, window guard all in very good working condition.
The moon hubcaps are awesome, and we love the whitewall tires.

The bad:
Water tank and pipes: All very dirty and black on the inside. Not even sure where to start here!
Two of three external hatch covers are gone, with the third close to breaking.
Ensolite: It is peeling in places and several strips are trim strips are missing. I've glued back two ensolite corners using contact cement, and it looks okay, and I've boiled two rippling pieces of trim and reapplied, and they look much better.
Windows: They leak. We're going to need to do some work over the winter
No awning: We plan to build our own, using tarp/tarp tape/poles/ropes.
Battery: There is no 12v battery, so the three 12v lights in the trailer run off car battery. We will add a battery to tongue, and redo wiring to have this rechargeable (no idea how to do this, but will research!)
Safety: We've added CO monitor, smoke alarm and will add a fire extinguisher this weekend.

The ugly
The flooring! Revolting orange carpet was stained and smelly. We've torn it out and will be replacing with Allure vinyl plank flooring this weekend. We will post photos of out progress.
The curtains: Not sure what the originals looked like, but the replacement curtains and rails are gross. We'll replace with something a little nicer.

We've been on three camping trips so far, and love our new Trillium. The bed is way more comfortable than I thought (I'm 6'2" and can spread out completely). It was very cool last weekend when the day got up to 32 degrees, and the night stayed around 16 degrees.

Towing is a breeze in our V6 Jeep (even if I did manage to pop the trailer off on its second outing going 40km just outside the RV storage lot...) I've since learned how to connect trailer properly - it's still good to know the safety chains work! Just glad I lost it going slow on a quiet road. Yikes.
Haydon D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 09:31 AM   #2

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Welcome, it is always great to have another 76 owner in the area taking such care of their trailer...hope to see you on the road one day.
brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:52 AM   #3

Name: Don
Trailer: 1975 BIOD Extase
Alberta
Registry
Welcome, fellow Alberta Trilliumaire! Make sure you drop by the Prairie Egg Gathering in Provost, July 16-19. Lots of eggs, lots of ideas for fix ups. Go to.Facebook and search "Prairie Egg Gathering" for.details.
trilliumdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 11:15 AM   #4

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Welcome! There sure are lots of us in Alberta.

The black in your tank and pipes can be delt with using bleach and water. Be sure to rinse thoroughly though. Some people have installed a deck plate in the top of their tank to facilitate cleaning.
The hatch fittings can be replaced with new ones.
Depending on how much trim you need, I can probably help. PM me.
Do your windows leak around the frame, or are the seals on the window itself the problem?
Lots of awning options.
I can also probably help with your battery:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ies-57818.html

Congrats!
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:46 PM   #5

Name: Tony
Trailer: Trillium (formerly)
Ontario
Welcome fellow 76'ers. We have had ours since 2012 and enjoying the retro camping experiences.
T-bird Tony is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium