Ready to Crooze in the Snooze - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #1

Name: Jake
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
South Carolina
Registry
Ready to Crooze in the Snooze

With some trepidation, I am wading in to fulfill a life-long dream to camper-travel around North America. I inherited a love of outdoor adventure from my father, who passed away December a year ago in his 90th year. In his late 70s and early 80s we were able to take several fly and drive trips to visit some of his favorite places. I was raised on stories of his grand adventure driving and camping from upstate South Carolina to California, up the Pacific coast to Canada, and back home, between high school graduation and beginning college (this was just him and his best buddy in 1939 folks!).

Reading posts on fiberglassrv, along with much thought and deliberation convinced me that a fiberglass camper trailer was the best way for me to go. When I saw the Lil Snoozy from I-26 on my normal route to the upstate, I knew it was what I was looking for. Working with Alan Smoaks has been a very good experience, and I will be picking up my Snoozy on Feb 3. I have a lot to learn about camper traveling, but I actually did a good bit of tent camping with the kids over the years, so I think I will make the adjustment fairly well. Regards to all you seasoned veterans, and I hope to contribute some useful information in time to come.
earlejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Hi Jake,

Hope we run into you on your travels. Hope you make it to some of the gatherings. We have Bemidji, MN in June, Duluth, MN in Sept. I hope you go out to the OR gathering in July. I'll be out there and would really love seeing the Snoozy. The people at the MN gatherings would really like to see it too.

Gee you should get some bonus for traveling around where the Snoozy hasn't been seen yet.

The OR coast is my favorite place to be in July.

Happy trails, Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Jake, welcome to FiberglassRV. I think you'll find a molded fiberglass trailer to be Nirvana! Make a lot of memories and post pictures when you can. Most importantly, enjoy every single moment.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #4

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Hi Jake Congrats on your Lil Snoozy acquisition. I was in St. Mathews on December 23rd and ordered our Lil Snoozy. As I think about it, my wife and I may have seen yours while we were there. Good luck with your new trailer and the adventures it will bring. We have hopes of some great adventures with ours as well. I must agree with you that Alan and Nickolas are not only great to work with, but also strive to build a quality trailer that is both of great design and user friendly.
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #5

South Carolina
Registry
Nancy, thank you for the welcome and encouragement. I'm sure our paths will cross. The coming year will see a lot of changes in my family, and much of our travel will be built around kids relocating. But we will work in camping with the travel, and make it an adventure. My stretch goal for this summer is a trip around the north shore of Lake Superior, with a stop at my sister's summer camp at Silver Islet. Making it to some gatherings as time allows will be a lot of fun. Thanks again - Jake
Old 01-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #6

South Carolina
Registry
Thank you Nancy. I enjoy your posts, and I look forward to contributing. - Jake
Old 01-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #7

South Carolina
Registry
Bill, I look forward to comparing notes as we check our units out. It truly is some beautiful fiberglass work, and I'm excited to start taking it out. - Jake
Old 01-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #8

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
welcome, jake. sorry about the loss of your father...but i am happy for you that you both had the chance to share those last trips and made lots and lots of memories.
i really like the look of the l'il snoozy. sounds like you will be making many more memories in it!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #9

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Jake,

Please let us know when you will do the North Shore. We would like to meet you and your trailer. We love the Grand Marais Community campground and the village. You'll probably do it in July when we are out west!

Build lots of good memories to go with the old ones.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote