recommended camp sites - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-18-2014, 09:07 PM   #1

Name: Robin
Trailer: in the market for a Trillium 13'
Saskatchewan
recommended camp sites

Hello, we intend to take our first Canada /US trip in late April. We will be travelling from Regina Saskatchewan, to White Salmon Washington. Any suggestions for stop-overs, or must see's on the route??
mckrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:05 PM   #2

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
When you get to the Southern Washington border if you take Hwy 14 west you will be traveling thru wine country. Some really nice wineries big and small. The Stonehedge Monument and Maryhill Museum are interesting places Maryhill State Park would be a good base camp if you want to see these places. If you stick around until the end of August Maryhill peaches are wonderful. If I think of anything else, Ill post again.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:48 PM   #3

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Lots of Opportunities along the way. Some I would suggest:

1. Of course follow Canada 1 through Banff, Rogers Pass & Revelstoke. Follow the Ice Field Hiway to Jasper if you have the time

2. After Revelstoke, travel Rt 97A south through the beautiful Okanagan Valley, BC, look for Ogopogo inthe Lake, then into Washington. Continue south on US-97, Detour to Grand Coulee Dam if you like.

3. Then down US-97 to Lake Chelan. (Check out <<<golakechelan.com>>> for local stuff) Take the Ferry (or float plane) uplake to Stehekin. I can arrange a free driveway spot right across from the Boat Landing in Chelan. You can stay with a native, she speaks American, Canadian and Strain'.

Take in the local wineries, Tsillan Winery has a new resturant with incredible Italian food, and try their Sempre Amour. You will want to take home a case. By April, I might even be there....

4. Work your way south to the Mary Hill (Great camp ground there) crossing into OR and continue across the Columbia and drive the scenic RT 30 through the Columbia River Gorge on the south side, then cross back over to White Salmon closer to Portland. Lots of camp grounds on the OR side as well.

Guarantee: You will never forget Lake Chelan, especially if you go uplake, or the Water Falls on the Gorge route

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:58 PM   #4

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Most people make a point to see Lake Louise while near Banff, and it is nice. But I would say to not miss Takakkaw Falls (833' high) and Emerald Lake.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:01 PM   #5

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
3. Then down US-97 to Lake Chelan. (Check out <<<golakechelan.com>>> for local stuff)
FYI you need to put a www. before that address, or you get an unofficial site that won't tell you much.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:46 PM   #6

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
I kinda thought that seeing Banff automatically included Lake Louise.... I still have the receipt from my first visit to Emerald Lake, $14 for a private cabin looking over the lake. Dinner for two was $6.35, including tip. That was in about 1968 and we were tenting at the time. Last time I went there I couldn't afford to stay.....

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eco