������Rejoiceful news������ ���� to share on my birthday���� - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2016, 08:52 AM   #1

Name: Jeanne
Trailer: Desire a Scamp 13' Trailer
Washington
������Rejoiceful news������ ���� to share on my birthday����

Hi! I am Jeanne and I have some wonderful news!
������Rejoicful news������
����to share on my birthday!���� Hip Hip Hooray‼️‼️‼️
I finally connected with the seller before the trailer was gone! I was looking diligently for my best friend and feel so happy and thankful to report the good news!
And it was so nice that he was able to purchase it from such a special kind couple, and not have to travel across country to pick it up! My friend from the state of Washington and initially was planning to pick up a larger trailer from some wonderful folks in Texas. Then he realized it would be too heavy to pull with his four-cylinder little truck. It is a delightful darling 17 foot Casita they have taken wonderful care of and put such special modifications on! I want to put the link to their trailer here because it will be such a blessing for someone to connect with such a quality trailer from such dear kind hearted folks: Here's a link to the craigslist ad:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/rvs/5811406291.html

Please let me know if you are treated to get this nice trailer! It would be so fun to know!��
Here are the fun details of the trailer my friend was blessed to connect with that is perfect for his little truck:
1997 13' Scamp Trailer
1000 lbs dry weight. Fiberglass. Extras: screen door, awning, new tires. Clean. Excellent condition. Stored under cover. He purchased it for $4800!

A furnace and a three-way fridge were on his wish list but the screen door and awning are wonderful to have! And it is in pristine condition and looks brand-new inside! It wasn't used much which he can benefit from! And the seller's dear wife made darling curtains that complements the cushion color so well also! I just couldn't be happier for him, and I wanted to share my joy with all of you! ������

He purchased a portable buddy heater like the one that worked very well for the previous owner. I'd like to hear some good reports from others who have used these heaters. I would love to hear your favorite ways of cleaning and shining your dear older Scamps also! I received some wonderful instructions from some dear ones I will paste below. I read some other ideas on the forum but too many options can give one a headache deciding, and I'm sure the instructions shared will be perfect!
But, researcher that I am I always love to hear a variety of ideas also.
Suggestions so kindly shared I will paste below:
����Scamp care and maintenance: Cleaning and waxing my friends 1997 darling 13' Scamp suggestion:������������������������������������
Supplies at Lowes or Home Depot: BarKeepers Friend (liquid in a white bottle) to get rid of dirt and stains. May use a non-abrasive pad on difficult stains. After that is rinsed off well and the trailer is clean and dry, then apply multiple coats of Zep brand Wet Floor Polish. Let each coat dry, then apply about 3-4 more coats. No buffing is necessary. Clean as needed during the year and follow up with additional coats of Zep as needed. If he can keep it covered when not in use, that would be ideal.�������������������������������������������� ������
I would also love to hear some wonderful examples of great Porta potty's to purchase that you experienced trailer veterans out there have enjoyed using.
Thanks so much for your generosity of hearts out there that have been willing to share so kindly with me during this process. The craigslist link was even shared with me which I so deeply appreciated. I happened to find it earlier that morning before seeing this link but I was very touched by the kindness and effort put forth trying to be a help to me when so often the trailers are already sold before I got a hold of the seller. You can just imagine how thrilled I was with the location compared to how far so many of them listed have been from the state of Washington. Thanks for sharing happily in my blessing news on my 65th birthday!!������

Now I want to find one for me! Holler if you see a great deal on a 13' Scamp!������ I would love a furnace, three-way fridge, awning and screen door! For being so new to the forum so many have reached out and been so kind.
Thanks for your nice attitude
choosing to be kind not rude ‼️������❤️ Sorry my smiley faces and balloons sunflowers and birthday cake turned out to be?
Jeanne W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:40 AM   #2

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
Happy birthday Jeanne. It's delightful to hear your enthusiasm and happiness!!!
Old 10-19-2016, 02:17 PM   #3

Washington
������ Thanks so much! I appreciated being able to share my joy with you a whole whole bunch‼️
Old 10-19-2016, 02:40 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Jeanne, your private messages are full, so here's some help with that:

To delete a private message on your phone, go to your inbox (or your sent box). To delete a message, swipe to the left and a trash can icon will appear.

I wrote some instructions for the iPhone app a while back. It doesn't cover everything, but it's a start: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...app-68187.html

Have fun!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:59 PM   #5

Washington
Thanks!!!����
Old 10-19-2016, 10:09 PM   #6

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Happy birthday. Hope you find your pride and joy soon.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:38 PM   #7

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Porta potties are pretty darn basic. I suggest you get one that has a tank that is not too heavy to carry when you need to empty it. We have a Dometic SaniPottie 9600 series that came with our Scamp. I empty it about every 3 days (nighttime use, #1 only) in the campground toilet. Walmart stores have the liquid treatment for porta-potties in their RV section.

You can research previous threads on this topic by going to the "Search" button above, clicking and scrolling to the bottom where you will find the "Search Site/Google" window. There, enter the words "porta-pottie" (note: there are several ways to spell it).
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 06:56 AM   #8

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Aren't campers the most wonderful people in the world- especially the folks on this board! I'm a comparative newbie myself, not patting myself on the back but giving a shout-out to the great people who are so encouraging to us.

I ordered an upgraded Thetford Marine Toilet with my LilSnoozy. DH's request, as that can be removed thru a dedicated portal fromm the outside and taken to even just a regular toilet for dumping, whereas the standard Thetford was removed from inside the small bathroom and carried from there thru the back of the camper to the outdoors.
If necessary you can even do a composting pottie by using doubled trash bags, a 5 gallon bucket with topper toilet lid, and kitty litter. But dh and I plan to do soe extensive touring and that would get old fast.