Removing fridge difficulties - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #1

Name: Ken
Trailer: Coleman travel trailer
Arizona
Removing fridge difficulties

I have a 1984 Coleman trailer, and the Dometic fridge went out. I got a replacement from a neighbor and I got the old firdge out of the cabinet, but how do I get it out of the trailer? The door isn't wide enough, nor are any of the windows.
qonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #2

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2008 13' Scamp
British Columbia
More importantly, how are you going to get the new one in

But seriously, when I'm in a similar situation I make my decision on what to do based on whether the item is headed for the landfill. If the item is truly junk and of no further value then I do whatever's necessary to make the item small enough. I cut bend mutilate, whatever it takes.

It is possible to get it out, but again, is the new one identical is size? If so, I'd be careful about destroying the old one until the puzzle is solved.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #3

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Is this a fabric sided pop-up? If so, they built the entire tub before they added the canvas. You will have to find a way to release a wall. That said, I have seen a few small mororhomes that had appliances and furniture that obviouosly went in before the walls were added. A real bummer.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #4

Name: Ken
Trailer: Coleman travel trailer
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
More importantly, how are you going to get the new one in

But seriously, when I'm in a similar situation I make my decision on what to do based on whether the item is headed for the landfill. If the item is truly junk and of no further value then I do whatever's necessary to make the item small enough. I cut bend mutilate, whatever it takes.

It is possible to get it out, but again, is the new one identical is size? If so, I'd be careful about destroying the old one until the puzzle is solved.

Ron
That's why I want to know how to get the old one out. The "new" one is the same size.
qonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Ken. You've landed on a forum for all molded towables. Coleman didn't build one. There may be members here that can give you some answers, but you may find more help on a forum of people who own your brand of trailer.

I'd suggest checking out: iRV2 - RV Forum Community

Best of luck!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #6

Name: Jimbo
Trailer: 1971 Trails West Campster/1980 Scamp 13
California
Registry
What model fridge is it? I have a Dometic 211 and can't SEE any screws in the front......
Thee Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge