Report after 4 Scampouts: - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-24-2011, 03:49 PM   #1

Name: Roamin’
Trailer: 2018 13’ Scamp Standard, formerly had a 2005 13’ Scamp standard
New Hampshire
Report after 4 Scampouts:

We survived, and more so! Thank you forum folks, the suggestions and fixes I found on here really helped us out. The Honda Element pulls the 13' very easily. Extension mirrors really helped me feel comfortable on the interstate. Setting up with the BAL tire jack is great. Parking with the Scamp's nose to the north, and a reflective tarps on the outside over the big rear window and on the inside over the side windows in New England keeps the heat out pretty well so far, even without A/C. WindowMaxx vent louvers allow some ventilation even in the rain. Dog sleeps under the bunk, and is happy there even in thunderstorms. Windows are no longer leaking after sealing the rear's gasket with a drop of sealant where it joins together and replacing the entire front's gasket with butyl putty. Small dehumidifier and containers of DampRid after Scampouts is enough to dry it out - just don't leave those things out when driving (OOPS!) Electrical and water working fine. We are happy scampers! Yet to be done: fix some rivet leaks, fix water filler tank leak (requires removing inside closet wall and bunk ) , fix toilet seal leaks, install propane, co, and fire alarms ( I'm turning off propane at night and keeping windows wide open in the meantime), and replace the small little single sink faucet with something that reaches further out over the sink (what were they thinking with that??) and MAYBE get an awning for next year.
DogHaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #2

Name: Sheryl
Trailer: '99 Casita 17'LD
Montana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghaus View Post
We survived, and more so! Thank you forum folks, the suggestions and fixes I found on here really helped us out. The Honda Element pulls the 13' very easily. Extension mirrors really helped me feel comfortable on the interstate. Setting up with the BAL tire jack is great. Parking with the Scamp's nose to the north, and a reflective tarps on the outside over the big rear window and on the inside over the side windows in New England keeps the heat out pretty well so far, even without A/C. WindowMaxx vent louvers allow some ventilation even in the rain. Dog sleeps under the bunk, and is happy there even in thunderstorms. Windows are no longer leaking after sealing the rear's gasket with a drop of sealant where it joins together and replacing the entire front's gasket with butyl putty. Small dehumidifier and containers of DampRid after Scampouts is enough to dry it out - just don't leave those things out when driving (OOPS!) Electrical and water working fine. We are happy scampers! Yet to be done: fix some rivet leaks, fix water filler tank leak (requires removing inside closet wall and bunk ) , fix toilet seal leaks, install propane, co, and fire alarms ( I'm turning off propane at night and keeping windows wide open in the meantime), and replace the small little single sink faucet with something that reaches further out over the sink (what were they thinking with that??) and MAYBE get an awning for next year.
I'm excited for you! I'm still looking forward to my first trip out--figure I need to put the door back on first (This weekend's project...) It sounds like you had a great experience!
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Ain't it grand to make memories! Any camping pictures you'd like to share?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:40 PM   #4

Name: Roamin’
Trailer: 2018 13’ Scamp Standard, formerly had a 2005 13’ Scamp standard
New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Ain't it grand to make memories! Any camping pictures you'd like to share?
I would love to! How's this?
Attached Images

DogHaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #5

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Awww looks like the fur baby likes camping too! Enjoy!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote