Sailboat Jealous of Snoozy - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #1

Name: Tommy
Trailer: Smokin' Concepts
Texas
Sailboat Jealous of Snoozy

Well it's about time I introduced myself. I have been following this site for about a year trying to figure out what I wanted. Sailing is a little confined with our lake is 45’ low due to this extended drought, so time to see some new ports. Much thanks to all the open and sharing people on the FGRV site, they'll never know what a big help you were in making our decision.

Another major factor in our decision process was Alan & Nicholas and the Smoakin Concepts team they were so patient and accommodating in making this build truly ours!
(To make it really personal they all autographed her for me)

As many of you, I just can’t leave anything stock I have to make it unique and personal. I will keep y’all up to date on Mods and things learned about our caravan. To start with I had to have the graphics match my TUG and again the Snoozy team and their graphics contractor worked with me to get the image I was looking for. (Don’t want to count the e-mails)

For more images of our adventure back to Texas, mods and the start of our travels picture album go to our registry:

TLG4FUN's Trailer :: TUG-n-TOW

Well here we are! Y’all are stuck with us, expect more posts and comments from this new RVer. Hope to see some of you at the
Bluebonnet Rally @ Bandera, Tx this April
(Our first big gathering can’t wait)

Happiest of New Years to All, It’s starting off Great for us,
The Proud owners of 2012 Lil Snoozy #147

Tommy & Linda
aka (TLG4FUN)
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0013.jpg   IMG_4668.jpg  

TLG4FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #2

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Welcome to the Fiberglass Forum! I, and I'm sure many others here, look forward to reading more of your travel ventures and modifications. Many of us are very curious about the Little Snoozy and want to learn more. I refer to my trailer as a "land yacht" since it's so much like sailing on land.
Happy Camping!
Gilda
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Tommy and Linda, I was racking my brain (not a hard feat) trying to figure out where I saw your tug/tow combo before: Like y'all we love the windows The yellow really stands out and it's one of my very favorite camping colors as it reminds me of the
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #4

Texas
Busted

Donna,
Ya caught us, thought it was time we came out of the closet. I’ve been foraging around your site for a while now, it’s been a big help.

Just wanted to share again,
Just had to have one when viewed CindyL’s Christmas present.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...brv-55793.html

If anyone is needing a heater. (little heavy but this time of year, it's OK). It truly is better looking in use than when I saw it in the store. Can’t believe the color, I painted it, matched our counters so close, total accident, I just wanted the wood stove color.

Thanks again for the welcome!
TLG4FUN
Attached Thumbnails
heater 3a.jpg  
Old 01-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #5

Name: Carol
Trailer: In the market
South Carolina
Hi! I'm Ruti, new to this forum and a SC resident. I want a Lil Snoozy so bad I can taste it. My husband is not on board though. I enjoy following your adventures and love everything about the Lil Snoozy, especially the layout. Do you have the big screen TV in yours? If so, can you watch TV by wireless internet, such as Netflix, Hulu? Love those old movies! Happy camping!
Ruti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Ruti, the American Boler trailer looks neat too but nobody will say when it will come to market. I didn't know if you have seen it or not so Just passing it along since it caught my eye.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:14 AM   #7

Texas
Hi Ruti,
We chose to go for the extra window instead of big screen space. We use a large screen lap top for movies and internet streaming, when at campsites with wireless. We love having the extra window especially with the gas supports to hold it open.
Having so much fun modifying to our needs. Latest mod is a Generator and front storage area cover. Hope you can talk the hubby into one soon, good camping weather just around the corner.
Tommy & Linda
Attached Thumbnails
front cover lt closed 2.JPG   front cover lt open 2.jpg  

Old 01-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #8

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLG4FUN View Post
Hi Ruti,
We chose to go for the extra window instead of big screen space. We use a large screen lap top for movies and internet streaming, when at campsites with wireless. We love having the extra window especially with the gas supports to hold it open.
Having so much fun modifying to our needs. Latest mod is a Generator and front storage area cover. Hope you can talk the hubby into one soon, good camping weather just around the corner.
Tommy & Linda
Personally, I have never been a big fan of the Snoozy, but I have to admit that front storage area looks really kool!

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #9

Texas
Thanks Dave,
I'm glad I have a friend who is a sail & canvas maker.
I like the layout of the escape 19' was just too heavy for my current tow vehicle.
Have been thinking about an FJ as my daily driver are you happy with yours and what kind of mileage do you get. My SSR gets about 17mpg hywy and 14mpg towing hywy (avg).
Thanks again for the compliment
Tommy
Old 01-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #10

Trailer: Casita
I have an FJ and have towed a Casita with it and been very happy. If you Google FJ Forum you'll find a place where there's a whole section of postings on pulling various rigs with an FJ. My mileage wasn't too bad, about 14 mpg with a Casita and is about 20 w/o. Hope that helps. Be sure to put a sway bar on it.
Marjorie M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #11

Trailer: Casita
It's called fjcruiserforums.com
Marjorie M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #12

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Heh...my sailboat commited suicide so I could get my ParkLiner.... well it beat down on another boat during Huracaine Sandy and got destroyed.. the insurance money covered my ParkLiner!

deryk
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #13

Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Deryk,

Just curious, but why did you buy your ParkLiner instead of another boat?
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #14

Texas
Thanks y'all for the FJ info and direction.
I have found several for sale in yellow to keep the Tug & Tow color scheme going.
Again Thanks for sharing your experiences and knowledge,
Tommy
Old 01-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #15

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Deryk,

Prolly 'cause it'll be easier to get the Parkliner out of the way of the next hurricane!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #16

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Deryk,

Well being single,the boat wasn't helping with that at all lol... going out by yourself, going back to the dock with all married couples... so a year and a half ago I built my little gypsy caravan and went camping alot last summer, put on about 3900 miles on the axle and had a blast... had some "company" and had a good time. So I decided this is the perfect oppurtunity to get a fiberglass land yacht!

So far april 26th is my first official planned camping event, there might be another one before that my artist group is gonna have a theme party and I am planning on camping out. Would be sweet if the weather is above freezing so I can un winterize it and be able to shower aboard!

deryk
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #17

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Tom,
I have an Escape 19 and pull t with a 2012 FJ, have only towed with twice (only have 1500 miles on FJ) but I got around 13-14 towing and around 19 un hitched. Love the combo look
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0363.JPG   DSCN0367.JPG  

cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #18

Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
My FJ gets about 25 imp mpg (21 us mpg) in summer with no tow. Towing a light trailer or in winter with no trailer, the mileage drops by about 25%. Not great mileage but it goes anywhere and is sure a lot of fun to drive.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote