Scamp 13Ft closet build - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2020, 01:41 PM   #1

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Scamp
DILLON
Scamp 13Ft closet build

Has anyone built a closet from scratch? I bought a 13Ft Scamp the closet has been removed. Any help appreciated.
kellyteddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:31 PM   #2

Name: Renee
Trailer: Boler
Washington
Before you rebuild your closet, consider if you are going to want a larger bed in the dinette area. If you do, you might put a wall up to the ceiling to support the roof just inside the doorway, but extend the curb side seating In the dinette all the way to the new wall.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:38 AM   #3

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
You can find LOTs of ideas for closet builds on this forum. Look at the top dark-blue line across the top. The first title is "User CP". To the far right is the title "Search". Click "Search" for a drop down menu and click on "Google Custom Search". Enter the words "closet" and you'll find lots of ideas.

You can further refine your search by adding my first name "Gilda" you will see the comments I wrote on closet entries. Here are some photos of my closet. My handy husband built shelves out of wood. The hardest part was to figure out how to put a frame to support the shelves. My photos don't show it very well, he installed upright posts that are each in two parts so as to fit into the tight space. If you want details PM (private message) me and I'll ask if he'll talk with you. The bottom shelf has a finger-hole and is a hatch so we can access the space below. Nifty!

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/registry/2478/
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 03:37 PM   #4

Name: Rick
Trailer: Jayco
South Carolina
If you are in Dillon, SC, I have a 13' Scamp that has been taken apart to be restored. It is the definition of a "basket case". This was a project started by my father. The camper is in Charleston. We are looking to get rid of it. Would you have any interest?
02camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 03:58 PM   #5

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
make sure your closet runs all the way up into the curve of the roof. the factory closet did that and is support for the walls to stay straight to keep from bowing and prevent the roof from sagging.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp