scamp 19 questions - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-10-2015, 07:10 AM   #21

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 19
Arizona
The water I drink is from Prescott, AZ. and taste very good. I have had water from San Diego, CA. that is safe to drink, but has a terrible taste, and I am not sure where San Diego is getting water to make into drinking water. When I went to school in San Diego I only drank bottle water and that was 40 years ago. I'm sure that other places have good tasting water as well as places that have bad tasting water. I don't care what it taste like when washing dishes or take a sponge bath.
captsteve2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:02 PM   #22

Trailer: 1990 Scamp 16 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by captsteve2002 View Post
The water I drink is from Prescott, AZ. and taste very good. I have had water from San Diego, CA. that is safe to drink, but has a terrible taste, and I am not sure where San Diego is getting water to make into drinking water. When I went to school in San Diego I only drank bottle water and that was 40 years ago. I'm sure that other places have good tasting water as well as places that have bad tasting water. I don't care what it taste like when washing dishes or take a sponge bath.
We always bring some drinking water from home. On longer trips we fill up at National Parks. Their water always seems to taste great. Rarely we buy a gallon of distilled water or a case of bottled water from the grocery store. We started a recent two month trip with 4 gallons of home tap water plus 24 commercial 16oz bottles, returning home with 8 or 9 unused. We refilled the gallon jugs as we traveled trying to find isolated mountainous sources at places like Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Olympics, Big Sur, Bryce, etc. We often leave wintery Wisconsin with empty tanks as our water pump works better with liquid water rather than the frozen kind. As we head South temps rise and we fill up and tow with a full fresh water tank that is used for dishwashing, showering, flushing and toothbrushing.

John
John Linck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:30 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
FYI

Nestle pays B.C. government $2.25 for every million litres of water that they extract from the aquifer in Hope, B.C.

Nestle Pays $2.25 to Bottle and Sell a Million Litres of BC Water | The Tyee

Tags
scamp