Scamp babies from Texas! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-25-2014, 06:04 PM   #1

Name: Andie
Trailer: 1985 Scamp 16'
Texas
Smile Scamp babies from Texas!

Hi everyone!
Wanted to introduce myself...
My boyfriend and I just purchased an '85 Scamp 16' and are almost literally bouncing off the walls with excitement. We are planning on a long term cross-country tour in 2016, with some short term adventures in the meantime to get our feet wet.

We have some minor reno plans for the Scamp- painting the countertops and veneer, recovering the floor and cushions, and outfitting it with some solar panels to power the fridge. All fun stuff! This site is a great resource- can't wait to get started!

Cheers,
Andie (and Mark)
andieerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:58 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Congratulations on your Scamp. We wish you happy travels, and wonderful memories.
You will find many wonderful ideas, and sage advice here from the renovators before you.
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:16 PM   #3

Name: Jose
Trailer: currently shopping
Florida
congrats

congratulations
I'm in florida and can't seem to find mine wish me luck
Jose acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:59 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Andie and Mark, welcome to the FGRV forum family, and best wishes with your personal touches to your trailer, and your future travels.
Unless your Scamp has had the 3 way refrigerator changed out to a Danfoss 12 volt compressor refrigerator, you will not be able to add enough solar panels to run your refrigerator.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 07:25 AM   #5

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose acosta View Post
congratulations
I'm in florida and can't seem to find mine wish me luck

They are out there, just not when/where you want them. I found mine through word of mouth. It was sitting unused in a guy’s back yard and not for sale, until I got off enough green to pry it loose. I actually saw a Scamp 19, the first I have ever seen, being towed through town the other day. I did not have time to turn around and follow it nor did I have the presence of mind to check the tag to see if was local. Since I have owned my Scamp the last eight months I have seen exactly three Scamps, my 16, a 13 while camping at the beach last summer, and the 19 last weekend. God luck with your search!

And welcome to the OP, sounds like you are starting out on some great adventures!
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:43 AM   #6

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Andie and Mark welcome to the FGRV family.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:29 AM   #7

Name: Mike & Helene
Trailer: Scamp 5er
Florida
Andieern, welcome to the group. I,m sure you will say it was worth joining. You will have lots of fun in your new rig.

Jose, I'm in Florida like you. I think I got the last one for sale in Florida. Bought in two years ago. Next closest one was in Texas. Keep looking and one day you will find one.

Again, welcome to both or you and Happy Camping.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #8

Name: Jose
Trailer: currently shopping
Florida
Thanks Mike I will continue to look and sooner or later I will find what I am looking for. seems like evert time I see one I think might be the one someone else beats me to it.

lol
again thanks
Jose acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:56 AM   #9

Name: Mike & Helene
Trailer: Scamp 5er
Florida
Jose, the same thing happened to me. I went to look at mine and a guy had just left. he didn't want to pay what the guy wanted and tried to move the price. Seller said no so he left. About 2 hours later I showed up and was told about moving price. My only comment was " who do I make the check out to?"

I ran into the other buyer a couple of weeks later while camping and he asked where I got my camper. when I told him all he had to say was, "I should have just paid the price"

Tags
scamp