Bought a 1980 Scamp
Sunday night in a matter of just a few hours. It's a long story, but it was meant to be. However, now my emotions all over the place.....excited to get out on the road and scared because it needs work and I've never been the biggest DYIer. This forum is great but any info I may have missed will be GREATLY appreciated.
1. Took the door to an autobody shop (coming off hinge). estimate was huge, so called Scamp
and a new door is shipping today. Yay. Is this going to be easy for me to install? Is the color difference going to bug me? I needed a new lock as well so that's a bonus to buying the door.
2. Needs a thorough cleaning!!!! Have been reading about all of the products you all have recommnded but if I've missed some, pls let me know. (read about Sonic Scrubber, any others?)
3. I am so excited to begin painting
. There are so many recommendations on here. Starting with the inside (ceiling is sticky, walls are dingy and parts of fiberlass on fridge
& ceiling opening are an off white color but yellowed with age.
4. I am not sure how you all prepped before painting
. Did you spray paint
or roll? Cover with tarps or other items areas you did not want painted?
5. Th carpet is in OK shape but I think I really want more of a pergo or stick tiles. Any advice or opinions?
I cannot wait to begin this project and get out on the road but am quite overwhelmed to say the least.
Can't wait to do the fun stuff.....upholstery but know the painting
and cleaning needs to be done first.
Thanks for all of your help. Looking forward to being a part of the board.