Scamps in Las Vegas? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-10-2015, 10:56 AM   #1
Whs

Name: Will
Trailer: Scamp 16 layout 4
Nevada
Scamps in Las Vegas?

Hi,
My name is Will and I'm a long time lurker. I'm almost ready to order a Scamp 16 from the factory sight unseen. I've wanted a scamp for 15 years and the time is finally right to take my kids Scamping. I'm looking to see if there are any Scampers in Las Vegas. I'd really like to see one inside and out before I pull the trigger.
Any help would be appreciated.

Will
Whs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:30 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Scamps in Las Vegas?

Welcome, Will!

I understand Scamp keeps a file of owners willing to show their trailers to prospective buyers. Have you asked them about it?

There is also a rally in Quartzite, AZ, February 6-8. There will likely be some Scamps there along with many other makes.

Are you looking for a side bath or side dinette layout?
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 02:55 AM   #3
Whs

Nevada
This is good information, thank you. I'll be contacting scamp to see if they know anyone. I am looking at the 16' floor plan 4 with the side bath. I like that the whole family can sleep in such a small footprint with this floor plan. I'm also looking to stick with the smallest fridge which wouldn't sacrifice the closet area.
Quartzite sounds like fun and not too far. I hope to see a scamp before then, but that's a good backup. I know of a scamp for sale in Glendale, AZ right now which is also worth looking at.

Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Welcome, Will!

I understand Scamp keeps a file of owners willing to show their trailers to prospective buyers. Have you asked them about it?

There is also a rally in Quartzite, AZ, February 6-8. There will likely be some Scamps there along with many other makes.

Are you looking at a side bath or side dinette layout?
Old 01-11-2015, 03:18 AM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome Will. There were around 100 FG rigs at the Quartzsite rally last year. No problem seeing all Scamps layouts and models, plus it's a whole lot closer to you than Mesa.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:54 AM   #5

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whs View Post
I'm also looking to stick with the smallest fridge which wouldn't sacrifice the closet area. Will
Will, I would give this choice some serious thought. I have a 16' layout 4 and while the closet is OK I would gladly give it up for more refrigerator space. I can find a place to put clothes and such (even if it is in the tow) but having to take along a cooler (at least for the first few days) of extended trips is a pain. I will be putting my money where my mouth is later this Spring when I plan on installing the largest Truckfridge in my old Scamp. It will not go in the closet though. It is kind of a long story but I am going to completely reconfigure the street side lower kitchen cabinet layout to fit the new fridge and a new two burner cooktop. Good luck!
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:37 AM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Scamps in Las Vegas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whs View Post
...I know of a scamp for sale in Glendale, AZ right now which is also worth looking at.

I saw the listing for that one. It was a while back- are you sure it's still on the market? Some sellers don't bother to take down their listings. If so, it looks like a fair price. It does have the larger fridge, but, as Timber Wolf says, you may end up being glad you have it. Layout 4 is not all that common in newer units. If it were me, I'd be on the road to Glendale. What you'd save over a brand new one would buy a lot of gas and campground fees!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:12 AM   #7
Whs

Nevada
I'll keep my eyes peeled for used scamps as well. Years ago, I wanted to restore one, now I just want to enjoy it.
I understand the point about the fridge, and it makes sense. I Don't need all that much storage, a Rubbermaid in the back of the truck will be better than a closet.

Will
Old 01-12-2015, 09:47 AM   #8

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
Will -

If you have been a long time lurker and are looking for used Scamps (or other FGRVs),
then I'm sure you know not only about the trailers for sale in this forum, but also about
http://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com .

You might also try http://www.searchtempest.com to search Craig's list and E-Bay sites
within a certain radius of Las Vegas?

I also understand your Layout 4 preference. If Scamp would start making the Layout 4
Scamp 16 trailers with the new 54" bed, there are several of us on the forum who wonder
If that might be our ideal trailer.

If you have the towing capacity and budget dollars, our Scamp salesman (Wayne) told
us that Scamp would be happy to build a Scamp 16 Deluxe Layout A with the front sofa
(and bunk beds) configuration instead of the normal Layout A front dinette. Just a thought.

Wishing you the best of luck in your search!

Ray

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:45 PM   #9

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
Will -

One more thing .....
Ask Wayne (or ???) to send you the samples kit!

(I recently found out that not all Scamp salesmen offer that to their customers ...
at least without specifically requesting it.)

That kit contains samples of cushion materials in the various colors, a sample of curtain
material, a sample of floor vinyl, a sample of wall covering+insulation, etc.
Wayne sent us one and it sure helped with the ordering decisions.

We ordered our Scamp 13 Layout 1 with the larger 54" bed (instead of 44") sight unseen.
(The 54" bed changes many of the interior cabinet layouts but, since it was a new option,
there were few (if any) Scamp13s with the larger bed out in the US to go look at.)
Wayne got someone at the factory with a digital camera to take some pix and he
emailed them to us. ��

We might have considered a Scamp16 Layout 4 or a Scamp 16 Deluxe Layout A (which
has the larger bed ... we do like the larger bed) with the front sofa/bunk-beds, but those
were both above the manufacturer's tow weight limit for the best tow vehicle
that we had at that time.

You can see pix of our trailer interior in the thread
Scamp Full Size Bed = Smaller Table Size
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ize-65096.html

TomK posted similar pix with the newer cherrywood interior in the thread
Mission Accomplished - Scamp is Home
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ome-65761.html

Again .... Good luck with your decision(s). ��

Ray

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote