Shopping and dreaming of an egg - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-06-2019, 11:41 AM   #1

Name: Kathy
Trailer: Shopping and dreaming.
MI
Shopping and dreaming of an egg

My rv camping experience was with parents rv's many years ago. Popup campers, then motorhomes. I am a former tent camper. Now, I want more comfort and security than a tent can provide. I have been on YouTube learning about fiberglass trailers. Went to a big camper rv show this winter and no eggs to be found. So, I am really looking forward to being a member of this group and getting firsthand info from those of you enjoying your eggs. l look forward to ownership of my own in the not too distant future.

Kathy H. In MI
Kathy H. in MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:34 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome to FGRV!

Similar journey here. I’ve used and owned almost every type of small RV (along with tenting, backpacking, and kayak camping) for going on 60 years. The Scamp is far and away my favorite. It’s also the only one that’s actually appreciated in value since I purchased it, though I’m not likely to reap that particular benefit. It’s a keeper, and my younger daughter already has dibs on it when we’re done.

It may take some patience to find the right one, but it’ll be worth the effort to find. Best wishes in your “egg hunt”!
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:38 PM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy H. in MI View Post
My rv camping experience was with parents rv's many years ago. Popup campers, then motorhomes. I am a former tent camper. Now, I want more comfort and security than a tent can provide. I have been on YouTube learning about fiberglass trailers. Went to a big camper rv show this winter and no eggs to be found. So, I am really looking forward to being a member of this group and getting firsthand info from those of you enjoying your eggs. l look forward to ownership of my own in the not too distant future.

Kathy H. In MI
Yes, you are not going to find them at shows, as the shows are dominated by DEALERS. You will see Bigfoot and the Airstream Nest. Most of the other brands do not use dealers, avoid that added cost, and sell direct to the public instead. This is why attending a molded FG rally, and not an RV show, is the best way to see many brands at once.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 09:35 AM   #4

Name: Sandra
Trailer: 2006 EggCamper #35
Florida
Registry
There is a big rally in Algonac - I think it is today and tomorrow. Can you say road trip

Happy Hunting Kathy! If I still lived in Michigan I'd be headed over the border for one of the models made in Canada. Since they hold their value and condition you might find a used one - where someone has already brought the trailer from British Columbia to Ontario for example.

We just acquired an EggCamper. Since I wanted to tow with my Nissan Frontier I needed to focus on smaller trailers. We are prepping it for the shake out trip first weekend in October. Still hotter than Hades here in Florida - looking forward to Fall and weekend trips (and missing Michigan).
Old 09-07-2019, 10:06 AM   #5

Name: Iris
Trailer: A-Liner Dreaming of Casita
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyNorthFL View Post
There is a big rally in Algonac - I think it is today and tomorrow. Can you say road trip

Happy Hunting Kathy! If I still lived in Michigan I'd be headed over the border for one of the models made in Canada. Since they hold their value and condition you might find a used one - where someone has already brought the trailer from British Columbia to Ontario for example.

We just acquired an EggCamper. Since I wanted to tow with my Nissan Frontier I needed to focus on smaller trailers. We are prepping it for the shake out trip first weekend in October. Still hotter than Hades here in Florida - looking forward to Fall and weekend trips (and missing Michigan).
Hi Sandy,
I am in Central Florida, researching Casitas, went to the factory on the way home from Utah, with my 10 ft A-Liner, towing with a 4 cylinder Subaru. Works well, yet a bathroom would let me use Harvest Hosts and possibly friends' driveways. Am deep in researching GVWR, WDH, TV, tongue weight etc. Really enjoy this forum, so glad I found it! If your shakedown trip is to Cherokee, enjoy! Beautiful area, very nice campground, lots of hiking and also shopping, museum about history of the original people. Former avid tent camper, but live in Florida a long time and finally wanted to camp during the summer, so an air conditioner needed a small camper attached! I hear Michigan is really beautiful.
Iris in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote