Sid the Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2023, 01:24 PM   #1

Name: Sid
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Registry
Sid the Scamp

Hello all,

Just doing our new member intro here. This fall we picked up a Scamp 16.4ish (it's a Layout 4 but previous owners had removed the bath). We've got a few projects lined up for it and even more adventures. After a few early season shake out runs, we are hoping to take it out to Oregon mid summer.

Sid_The_Scamp (instagram handel) will be towed by our 2020 Outback XT (KingBOB!!) who did well towing it home through the mountains of Colorado ranging from 6k to 11k elev.
Attached Thumbnails
image000002(16).jpg   20221119_153109~3.jpg  

Sid_The_Scamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 09:52 PM   #2

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Welcome to the forum!
Your parking looks very cozy - can you open the door and get in or do you have to pull it out of the spot? I find it convenient to go inside my Scamp for various reasons even in winter. Also, this year there was a lot of snow to push off the roof many times.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 10:10 PM   #3

Colorado
Registry
Cozy is an understatement ... about an inch on each side at the gate posts. No access to the interior. Winterize and prep the inside and I'll see it again in the spring .... got through many new england winters with various boats that way. We ended up picking up a cover for it and have had a few snowfalls to clear but nothing major ... we're in a decent weather bubble on the east side of Pikes Peak
Old 02-11-2023, 03:25 PM   #4

Name: Robin
Trailer: 2013 16ft Scamp
California
Welcome, I have the same layout but with the side bath. What is the TC of your Outback? I’m sure removing the bathroom lightened it up quite a bit, but with any added weight in the back, be careful of sway.
Campingbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 08:53 AM   #5

Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingbliss View Post
Welcome, I have the same layout but with the side bath. What is the TC of your Outback? I’m sure removing the bathroom lightened it up quite a bit, but with any added weight in the back, be careful of sway.
The Outback is an XT so 3500 tow / 350 Tongue. When we picked it up I added weight inside to the front to bring it close to 200lb and it followed well. Come spring I'll bring it to a scale before any work to see where its at. I'll likely do it again once work is complete empty and then when loaded with typical gear.
Old 02-13-2023, 10:56 AM   #6

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Welcome.......that is a tight fit.....ever think about installing a gate on the fence to access the door????
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 12:26 PM   #7

Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybob View Post
Welcome.......that is a tight fit.....ever think about installing a gate on the fence to access the door????
Door it against our deck which has a railing about level with the top of the door. During camping season it'll be out of the backyard for easier access in and out.
Old 02-14-2023, 11:15 AM   #8

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_The_Scamp View Post
Door it against our deck which has a railing about level with the top of the door. During camping season it'll be out of the backyard for easier access in and out.
Got it.....be careful.
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp