Snoozy II Campers are ready to build you a camper - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2021, 12:17 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Name: Shaun
Trailer: Snoozy II Camper
South Carolina
Snoozy II Campers are ready to build you a camper

Wanna say hello to everyone. Been a while since I have been on here so I wanted to reach and let everyone know we are taking orders. We have come a long way in our last year of production and thank you to those who have come by, emailed or called. We have alot going on this year as well so please keep in ouch with us to see what's new on the Snoozy II. We have the Senior engineering school at USC doing a solar project for us. These kids have done a tremendous job designing a package that will run a Snoozy II. This semester has been full of testing and we look forward to the first system going into a Snoozy II next semester for even more testing. We are hoping to have the solar package as an option by Aug-Sept.

Please dont hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

http://www.snoozy2.com

Shaun 803-600-4412

ShaunSnoozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:36 PM   #2

Name: bruce
Trailer: Casita
Texas
I was surprised to go to your website and there are no pictures of the inside... and I have to download PDF and Excel files to see any details or prices.
And there is a huge list of options with no pictures.
brucewarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:40 PM   #3

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewarren View Post
I was surprised to go to your website and there are no pictures of the inside... and I have to download PDF and Excel files to see any details or prices.
And there is a huge list of options with no pictures.
There are pictures of the inside. You click on Snoozy II in the menu at the top of the screen. On that page are the interior pictures.

In addition, I think the spreadsheet you download is great. You can see all the numbers and build your estimate.
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 04:25 PM   #4

Name: bruce
Texas
No pretty pictures...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Adams View Post
There are pictures of the inside. You click on Snoozy II in the menu at the top of the screen. On that page are the interior pictures.

In addition, I think the spreadsheet you download is great. You can see all the numbers and build your estimate.
The website I get has no "Snoozy II" menu item. It has a little doggy Cartoon that gives a page with:

Take a tour inside a brand new Snoozy II

But it is not a link that can be clicked.

The website is clearly not complete... just like the trailer is not complete. Not a great way to launch a company. I did find a youtube video, but it is 80% the owner's face talking. The few minutes inside revealed no kitchen. He said this unit is not complete yet, as it is only the seventh one they have made. After owning 5 Casitas and one toy hauler, this camper does not want tow or live in a prototype.
brucewarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:50 PM   #5

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
Bruce, It's interesting that you can't navigate to the pictures, it works fine for me. If you are referring to the video posted last summer then you are correct that unit was not complete because they weren't finished with it in time for the event, which was stated in the video. Take a look at the new ones they are shipping which are complete. I personally am very happy with my original 'custom built my way' Lil Snoozy. The only problem I have had in over 30,000 miles is a couple screws holding a bracket backed out, which is totally on me.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:01 PM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Website linked in post #1 seems to work fine for me on my phone. Interior looks the same as the original Lil Snoozy, down to the same finishes as far as memory serves.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 12:08 AM   #7

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewarren View Post
It has a little doggy Cartoon that gives a page with:
So if you look to the right of the dog, you will see Home with an underline and right next to that Snoozy II with a downward hash next to it. It is right under the "USA." in the phrase "Under New Ownership & Proudly Made in the USA.". You can't miss it, but apparently you did.
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 12:40 AM   #8

Name: CalCop
California
Oh I don't know...$28,000 for a trailer that doesn't have a black water holding tank, an air conditioner that blows its soft breeze on the side of your face , no spare tire or mount, and finally no stove. I'll pass on this one, thanks
CalCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 09:27 AM   #9

Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
They should bring back Ol Man Snoozy. That guy was a character. If you talked bad about his trailer, it was like you was messin' with his daughter.
Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 09:56 AM   #10

Syracuse, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry G View Post
They should bring back Ol Man Snoozy. That guy was a character. If you talked bad about his trailer, it was like you was messin' with his daughter.
I was looking at the snoozy 2 facebook page yesterday and saw that he has had a few strokes is not in good shape.

from facebook:

Shaun Palyok
Just got word that things are not getting any better. Alan is stable but suffered a few strokes and is more than likely going to be having assistance with everything he does. Doctors are hopeful that things will turn around but he can’t communicate with anyone currently so it’s looking like a long road to recovering. He’s a tough old fart so I’m pulling for him for sure. I will update as I hear more.
Old 02-27-2021, 10:50 AM   #11

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCop View Post
Oh I don't know...$28,000 for a trailer that doesn't have a black water holding tank, an air conditioner that blows its soft breeze on the side of your face , no spare tire or mount, and finally no stove. I'll pass on this one, thanks
Given the state of the FG RV business right now, I am not surprised with the price. People that loved Snoozy in the past will love it now. Those that didn't will probably look elsewhere.

The big "advantage" to the Snoozy AC is it uses a residential unit and should not be as loud as a typical RV AC. Replacement will be cheaper too.

I don't think Snoozy ever had a black tank, they used a cassette toilet as I recall.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:36 AM   #12

California
I seem to recall the Snoozy never had propane tanks as well.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:13 AM   #13

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
I seem to recall the Snoozy never had propane tanks as well.

Doesn't need them. Just needs an extraordinarily long extension cord.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:10 AM   #14

Syracuse, NY
Snoozy does not do propane, however they work with someone who does. For sure it's not a boondocking trailer as is, but with the addition of some solar for the fridge, buddy heater or similar and a portable propane stove it would work.
Old 02-28-2021, 10:00 AM   #15

Name: Mike
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Illinois
Here is the Snoozy II FB page. Lots of pictures of the new builds on there along with plenty of info. https://www.facebook.com/groups/2179461572357706

I've been considering a Snoozy for awhile and haven't pulled trigger yet. Keep getting hung up on the price and need for more additions to off grid. This is a totally electric rig that has many advantages over typical built campers. If you spend all your camping in parks with electric then it's perfect as is. But off grid doesn't necessarily mean boondocking in the desert. There are many parks w/o electric. One option I've looked at is to go with the Honda 2k generator (which will power everything in the camper) and convert it to run propane. Solves the gasoline issue and since there's a good chance anyone camping will still use some propane it fit right into the mix. A person can get by pretty easily for 2-3 days off grid this way w/o the expense of a adequate size solar system. Just my 2 cents worth.
michics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:15 AM   #16

Syracuse, NY
Mike, we spent 80 days on the road on our Alaska trip and never plugged in. Between the truck charging and 200 watts of solar we were never close to not being able to keep the truckfridge running. You can buy a lot of solar for the cost of a Honda 2k generator. In an emergency you can connect an inverter to your TV battery and plug the trailer in to recharge if necessary. Way cheaper than carrying a generator. We bought an empty Snoozy shell and built the rest ourselves. We have cassette toilet, propane stove, 30 gallon fresh and grey water, 12 volt fridge, and LFP battery system. The only time we carry the generator is when we carry the window AC unit. I made a wood panel that fits in the push out windows to hold the air conditioner when we need it. It only takes a couple minutes to install it and it weighs 35 lbs.
Old 02-28-2021, 01:31 PM   #17

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
It would be nice if Snoozy offered a Truck Fridge, instead of the dorm fridge. Those things run a lot, are loud and inefficient. Plus, I see no outside venting for it. Maybe not needed.

Clearly, a nice solar system is needed, along with some batteries and an inverter.

Don't know if there is an inverter to keep the fridge running while driving. AFAIK Dorm fridges are all 120 volt.

Did you guys notice the Oliver when looking out of the Snoozy window?
Old 02-28-2021, 01:49 PM   #18

Syracuse, NY
Snoozy 2 offers a truck tf130 as an option and no they don't need venting because they are not propane. I have toyed with a method to optionally vent the waist heat inside or outside depending on the time of year. Truckfridges are not as well insulated as a 'solar' fridge but they do a fairly good job. Mine uses aroud 40 Ah per day at 70 degree ambient. They want $1400 extra to upgrade to the truckfridge. You can buy one for around $750. Snoozy 2s come with a lead acid battery and charger, but need 120 for the fridge. They are working on a solar option. And yea, it looks like those pictures were taken at their first rally.
Old 02-28-2021, 04:27 PM   #19

California
Lil Snoozy fits some life styles, just not mine. For me I just have a hard time with its base price. To my thinking by the time you add options you'd be in the Oliver price range.
I replaced the propane fridge with a 12/120v fridge.
Installation instructions mentioned venting waste heat from around the sides. I just left the old vents open to the outside. So far its been working great. However I did have to bolster the battery power by replacing the converting and buying Battleborn lithium battery. The charge wire in my TV recharges the battery even while the fridge is running. A single 100 watt solar panel assists while in camp.
Old 02-28-2021, 05:14 PM   #20

Name: Mike
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Illinois
Quote:
Lil Snoozy fits some life styles, just not mine. For me I just have a hard time with its base price. To my thinking by the time you add options you'd be in the Oliver price range.
I replaced the propane fridge with a 12/120v fridge.
Installation instructions mentioned venting waste heat from around the sides. I just left the old vents open to the outside. So far its been working great. However I did have to bolster the battery power by replacing the converting and buying Battleborn lithium battery. The charge wire in my TV recharges the battery even while the fridge is running. A single 100 watt solar panel assists while in camp.

You hit the exact thing that keeps from moving forward is the price plus options shoots it past the 30k point and still need to modify. Thanks for the reply.
michics is offline   Reply With Quote

« Hi I am | Hi all »