Suburban furnace - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-27-2021, 07:38 AM   #1

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1978
Send a message via Yahoo to Donna Adams
Suburban furnace

Is a Suburban gravity furnace worth fixing? W difficulty, got it lit once, don't often need heat but like the idea of not needing elec or battery. It's vintage--1979 Acorn 13er (Scamp). Would a new thermocouple fix it & where would I find that? Mice got the insulation around gas/elec refrig (never used on gas, & elec didn't get cold enough), stove works really well. Of course all are connected in line. Considering removing them (I do like a cook stove), & having the additional empty space. Not looking for an expensive renovation at this time. Unsure where/how to terminate the one fixture (furn) if that's the best option. Guess I could take all 3 out, use a butane camp stove & lose the weight of the whole thing, not even have propane. (Like a Meerkat!) I appreciate the experience, humor & good nature in this forum! What do you recommend? Thanks.
Donna Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 09:15 AM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
yes it is worth it. Spend some time searching via google, and learn the various problems people have discovered and fixed. I doubt its been just one fix.

A PO of my trillium removed the gravity furnace. A trailer with a furnace is always worth more and more useful than a trailer without a furnace. Gravity furnaces are no longer made, so keeping what you have is the best option.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 09:43 AM   #3

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1978
Send a message via Yahoo to Donna Adams
Thanks, I'll do moree checking.
Donna Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace