Surfing for a Surfside - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2014, 08:15 AM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: Golden Falcon,Corsair,Dutchman,1968 Boler #065
Ontario
Surfing for a Surfside

How's it going Eh! I am a new member to the site, love all the information thats available so helpful and informative. I'm looking to purchase a Triple E Tm-14 Surfside. I had one 30 years ago and kept it for a few years and sold it and picked up a 17' Boler. Kids came so I had to sell for something bigger but their gone now and hoping to find a Surfside in Ontaro thats for sale. If anyone Knows of one please let me know!! Cheers John.
John G in Ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:04 AM   #2

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Hi John,

I was hoping someone who actually knows of a Surfside for sale would reply; sorry it's taken me so long to say, "Hello," and "Welcome!"

First, if you're looking for a trailer, consider watching and/or posting to the Marketplace threads. That's where people here post their trailers when they go up for sale.

That said, my wife saw the Surfside a fellow camper owns, and really liked it's size and shape. She scoured the forums here, eBay, Craigslist, and other websites until she found likely candidate that was a 700 mile drive from home. I went to pick it up.

Our Surfside arrived in pretty bad shape. We wound up needing to completely strip it down, taking it off the frame and making frame repairs, stripping all the interior out, including the walls and floor, and making dozens of fiberglass and structural repairs. We're still working on it, and hope to have it camping-ready this summer.

It was an old trailer. As many of them are. So, beware of possibly biting off more than you can chew. I consider myself to be very handy and a craftsman, and I enjoy tinkering. I've even done extensive work on our other, larger Scamp, so I'm familiar and comfortable working on fiberglass trailers. Now I feel like we're getting somewhere with it and feeling enthusiastic about our new little tow-toy, but I almost lost patience with the Surfside, and was ready to be rid of it at one point.

It does look like it's shaping up to be a great camper now. Again. And we're happy with that.

Back to you, take your time, have faith, don't feel shy about asking questions about whet to look for or whether such-and-so is a good or bad thing in a trailer. Carefully read the Buyer's Checklist and take it with you whenever you go look at a trailer.

Good luck! We hope to see you around!
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:05 AM   #3

Name: Alan
Trailer: 2006 Escape 17 B Raven and a Pearl
Alberta
Hi John and welcome

i will have one for sale in a few months but you are in the middle east and i am three quarters of the way to the left coast..... to far away

good luck on your search
alan in alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:59 AM   #4

Ontario
Hi Alan, thank you for the reply. Alberta is a little too far of a drive for me, as you know, it would probally take me 2 days just to get out of Ontario and another day or so to get to Alberta.Good Luck with your sale I'm sure it won't be around for very long. Cheers John.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:35 AM   #5

Ontario
Thank you for the welcome and the advice, it will take me a little while to get familiar with the site and to navigate properly.

Tags
surfside