Tall people in tiny trailers - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2014, 03:23 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
At a touch over 6' 4" I held off buying a fiberglass trailer until I found out about the EggCamper. It has a true 6' 7" of headroom and no overhead AC to bump into. The bed space is 54" wide and about 86" long - (the EggCamper is 8" wider than the Casita or Scamp). We bought one in 2011 and I was very happy with it.

The problem was, my wife is mildly claustrophobic and, although the EggCamper is the roomiest of the 17' trailers, she was still climbing the walls after a week or so, (contributed to by its limited storage). We sold the EggCamper last year and bought a 21' Escape in May of this year. We spent nearly six weeks in the Escape while returning to Florida from British Columbia, and my wife was very happy with the Escape; after the six weeks she was still comfortable in the Escape - largely because it had enough storage space for everything and it has an open floor plan. I did find it didn't really have the advertised 6' 5" of headroom, I couldn't stand up straight anywhere in the trailer. While some people will poo poo the need to stand up straight inside a trailer, I do find it a bit uncomfortable to always have to stoop over and dodge the overhead AC. The bed is about like the one in the EggCamper, 54" wide, and plenty long. All in all, my slight inconvenience at having to stoop over is more than made up for with the additional storage space, comfortable table for four, permanent bed, roomy shower, additional counter space and, most importantly, my wife's happiness.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 03:02 PM   #22

Name: Meaghan
Trailer: 1986 Burro (17' wide body)
Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
Congrats, and do you have any pictures to share?
Dave & Paula
Yes, I do! I'm not sure of the forum ettiquette here, but I think I'll start a thread in the modifications forum to chronicle the updates I'm planning and ask my questions there. I'll get pictures up there shortly!
mmzeiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 12:01 PM   #23

Name: Larry & Joyce
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
Fergus Ontario
Registry
Well, we went from a 13' Boler which has a 6' height & 6' long bed, to a 13' Trillium which has a 6' 3" height & a 6' 3" long bed. I'm 6' tall, so that extra 3" makes a big difference, especially when you're sleeping! But tall or not-so-tall, you have to be comfortable in a smaller space & also be OK with less frills.
Larry Tenhage is offline   Reply With Quote