Thinking Ahead . . . - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2012, 11:29 PM   #1

Name: Jules
Trailer: looking
West Virginia
Red face Thinking Ahead . . .

I am actually thinking ahead for once and wanted to know if anyone could help me out . . .

I am a vendor that travels around the country to different type of events. My partner and I usually sleep inside the vending booth for security purposes. Now it may sound like a crappy place to sleep, but our business is Massage Therapy, so we sleep on massage tables.

We travel a few weeks a month to different locations during the late spring and summer. I am planning to start my family and with my awesome timing (being sarcastic) I will be delivering 2 months before the festival season starts. My Husband said that he didn't have a problem with me traveling around with my child as along as I can find a RV. He would feel safer if I stayed in one. Now I know if it gets terrible outside, I will go to a hotel. The coordinators that I work with all told me that would not be a problem.

My question is, are there tiny RV's that are 10' and smaller? And, if so, what are they called? And where would I purchase (or rent) them?
urascream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #2

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Yes there are, from the tiny motorcycle-towed, crawl in and sleep teardrops, to "popups," to one of the staples of the crowd here--the 13' molded fiberglass travel/camping trailer. Don't let that fool you; roughly 3' of that is tongue so it's a 10' foot body, more or less full standing room, sleeping accomodations and various combinations of kitchen/bath amenities. There are of course "stick-built" (non-molded) equivalents but they aren't the focus on this forum. Some makers of the molded variety currently in business: Scamp in Minnesota and Casita in Texas. Not currently produced but sometimes for sale: Burro, Boler, and probably 2 dozen others once in a blue moon.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote