Tote ‘n’ tarry - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2019, 12:21 AM   #1

Name: Eric
Trailer: Tote n tarry
California
Tote ‘n’ tarry

Hey y’all! Excited to see this forum as I haven’t been able to find much info for what I have recently obtained! My small family recently acquired a small trailer for building travel/camping/fun memories! We just bought a ‘74 13 foot tote n tarry trailer. A lot of Unworking parts, missing electrical components and just all around in need of some tlc. Was curious if anyone had any sort of owners manual or knows where I may acquire one so I can get a grip on where I need to start!? Want to camp yesterday but obviously have to get this **** sorted before I tote and tarry it anywhere! Thanks!!!
Attached Thumbnails
4149CF0C-DC32-486D-9CC1-2D43B82D3759.jpg   D53BE8FE-2D33-4DF8-A3CA-9039C4D23076.jpeg  

Kfaminsandiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:19 AM   #2

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Congratulations on your find and welcome to the world of fiberglass. It sounds like you have some work to do on the interior, although you haven't mentioned specifics yet.
Looks like the PO shined it up nicely for resale and the outside appears in good shape (yeah, I know, eggshape).
Two things I notice. There don't appear to be any breaks in the roof at all. Like for plumbing vents or ventilation openings.
And what are the two things showing on the left edge of the door? They look kind of like rubber clamps, but hard to tell.
Anyway, there aren't many of those around and I hope you are able to fully restore it. And have fun doing so.

Walt
Old 12-09-2019, 12:04 PM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Walter,

I noticed the same things. Very shiny and weird door catches. It seems the door doesn't match the curve of the body and the door latch must not be reliable.

I've never heard of these. Did they use the same molds as Boler, or some other trailer?
Old 12-09-2019, 12:14 PM   #4

SW Virginia
They are included on the fiberglassrv forums list but I've never seen one. One of many early, short lived Boler knockoffs.
Old 12-09-2019, 03:03 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe

The door is dropping down, check out the top left. Those are two-bolt boler hinges, not the three-bolt Scamp hinges.

We have several Tote 'N Tarry members, at least they registered with that brand. There may be more due different spelling, etc. IF you have specific TNT questions, perhaps another owner of that brand can help you. Otherwise, just ask away on the forum: Fiberglass RV - Tote ’n Tarry Trailer
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:55 PM   #6

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
And what are the two things showing on the left edge of the door? They look kind of like rubber clamps, but hard to tell.
Great find Eric. Hopefully it will turn out well for you. There's many trailers here that looked far worse and have been nicely restored.

Walt,

They look like the stretchable rubber things one uses to tie down a hood or hold down a pop-top; the ones with a "ball" molded in the end to engage with a metal "stirrup". I'm guessing the door latch might not be reliable for towing; the fit looks to be off a bit.
Attached Images

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:15 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
Walt,

They look like the stretchable rubber things one uses to tie down a hood or hold down a pop-top; the ones with a "ball" molded in the end to engage with a metal "stirrup". I'm guessing the door latch might not be reliable for towing; the fit looks to be off a bit.
Yeah, those are owner add-ons. I've personally seen a couple of Tote 'N Tarrys over the years, this is the first one I've seen with these.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:39 PM   #8

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Great find Eric. Hopefully it will turn out well for you. There's many trailers here that looked far worse and have been nicely restored.

Walt,

That is what they look like, and your picture is of what Oliver used to use on their propane covers. I "pity the fool" (remember the A team?) that has to use them. Clearly made for some kind of he-person! Similar things are used on Jeep hoods.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:39 AM   #9

SW Virginia
Quote:
Walt,

Yeah, that's what I meant by rubber clamps.

Walt
Old 04-13-2022, 07:48 AM   #10

Name: Sherri
Trailer: Tote ‘n Tarry
Texas
I have a 1971 Tote ‘ Tarry. Have you found any info? I can’t find much at all. Thanks
Sherri in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 10:00 AM   #11

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Kfaminsandiego has not logged in since three minutes after his first and only post over two years ago. So, it's anybody's guess if he will log in again.

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 07:08 PM   #12

Name: Alexander
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
Congratulations on your find and welcome to the world of fiberglass. It sounds like you have some work to do on the interior, although you haven't mentioned specifics yet.
Looks like the PO shined it up nicely for resale and the outside appears in good shape (yeah, I know, eggshape).
Two things I notice. There don't appear to be any breaks in the roof at all. Like for plumbing vents or ventilation openings.
Anyway, there aren't many of those around and I hope you are able to fully restore it. And have fun doing so.

Walt
Those are hinges on the left side of the door.
ljsilver is offline   Reply With Quote