Trillium 1500 - Fiberglass RV
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2021, 12:24 PM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1979 Boler
California
Trillium 1500

Hi everyone! I wanted to see if anyone has any information on Trillium 1500s. I know of one that's in really great condition but it's listed for $20K. Year 2011. Looks almost brand new, stored in garage. But, I usually we see the 1300 and the 4500 model, so I know nothing about the 1500 model. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!
- Jenny & Mark
Jenny and Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 01:35 PM   #2
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
The original 1300 is nominally 13 ft. The 4500 is 4.5 meters, about 15 feet but Canada switched to metric. The 1500 was made with molds produced from an old 4500. Sold by Trilliumrv. Made by various outfits. In 2011 the outfit was Mattman Specialty Vehicles. They also made my 2010 1300. On mine the fit and finish was horrible. Lots of issues including a leaking belly band. By 2011 one would hope they got better. On the positive side the frames are solid. The jalousie windows, made by Hehr, are fantastic. It will have a compressor fridge, which will drain a battery in one night. Some had toilets in front. Some had showers. A front dinette is the best in my opinion. At that time they were sold factory direct. Loaded I would guess they sold for about $15k. It's worth what you're willing to pay. It's a sellers market. It won't last long. Good luck.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 07:54 PM   #3

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1979 Boler
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
The original 1300 is nominally 13 ft. The 4500 is 4.5 meters, about 15 feet but Canada switched to metric. The 1500 was made with molds produced from an old 4500. Sold by Trilliumrv. Made by various outfits. In 2011 the outfit was Mattman Specialty Vehicles. They also made my 2010 1300. On mine the fit and finish was horrible. Lots of issues including a leaking belly band. By 2011 one would hope they got better. On the positive side the frames are solid. The jalousie windows, made by Hehr, are fantastic. It will have a compressor fridge, which will drain a battery in one night. Some had toilets in front. Some had showers. A front dinette is the best in my opinion. At that time they were sold factory direct. Loaded I would guess they sold for about $15k. It's worth what you're willing to pay. It's a sellers market. It won't last long. Good luck.
Hi Raz, your input is so helpful! Thank you. I had wondered about why 4500 was named that... I looked into Mattman some more, and found previous posts on this site regarding the Trillium history and many headaches from trailers made by companies who have bought rights to manufacture them but did not do a good job. I think given the potential issues from a poorly built 2011 Trillium from Mattman, this price of $20K is not a good deal and an invitation for risks and regret. I'm so grateful to everyone in this fiberglass rv community forum who take the time to share their experience so that we can make an informed decision in our purchase. Thank you!! We are newbies, but obsessed about finding the right trailer for our adventures going forward. The search continues...
Jenny and Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 11:02 AM   #4

Name: jamie
Trailer: 2011 Trillium 1500 (4500)
Midland
Trillium 1500

I have a 1500. I bought it last summer in Ontario, Canada for $16000. At the time, I thought I was really paying up for it, but the law of supply and demand set the price. In hindsight, I think I did well in price. I have been watching Kijiji for Trilliums for over a year now and never have I seen a comparable Trillium at that price. Now, 40 yr old trailers are asking that much, and newly built Trilliums here in Ontario are starting at $24000.

As for the Trillium 1500, mine is solid. I had a leak issue by the front window which is now gone. I removed and re-installed to window cover. A previous owner had changed how it was attached. I got the proper butyl tape, re-installed, and all is good.

Mine has a toilet with a door in the front left corner and a single bench front right. It's just two of us so it works well. The fit and finish is good. The maple doors on the cupboards look nice, but freeze, thaw, and humidity has caused them to crack. It's just a cosmetic issue.

There is no furnace. I have a Wave 6 now and it solves the heat problem economically. The fridge does drain the battery quickly, an issue I hope two 200w solar panels will solve. Ontario Provincial Park sites are all pretty well shaded so keeping two stand-alone solar panels in the sun becomes a slow dance.

I wouldn't hesitate on the 2011, if it's not too late.
kurtzdietrich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium